After resetting settings...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by iraqi4life, Jun 27, 2012.

1. iraqi4life

iraqi4life iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I couldn't delete certain apps on my homepage, and I read somewhere that maybe resetting my settings would resolve this. However, after I did this all my tweaks disappeared from my settings app, and I also noticed all my tweaks were not in use (slider length, barrel... Etc etc).

At the top of my iPad, it says 'exit safe mode', clicking on this restarts my springboard.. With no difference. Same message at top of iPad after restarting springbpard, and it again tells me to reset my springboard but nothings changes.

FYI - iPad 3, jail broken, obviously.

What am i to do? I tried reinstalling my tweaks in cydia, but they don't get resorted. Did I essentially un jail break my iPad by resetting the settings? Is it a matter of jail breaking it again? Any help/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. followthesapper

followthesapper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Found this info on another site

When I had a similar problem, I just had to remove the last few tweaks and by a process of elimination got everything fixed. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  3. iraqi4life

iraqi4life iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I'll try this when I have the time, that's a lot of apps to disabe on cydia! Out of interest (may save me time) which tweak was causing this problem for you? As I may have this tweak too. Thanks

4. followthesapper

followthesapper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Dashboard X was causing the problem.

5. iraqi4life

iraqi4life iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Resolved.

I deleted mobile substrate, (meaning all my tweaks were removed). This made my device out of exit mode, I then reinstalled mobile substrate, and I'm adding my tweaks again now.
    Thanks.

6. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Just for reference, removing Mobile Substrate is not a good idea and is not a resolution to your problem. Mobile Substrate is the thing which protects you from bad tweaks. It is not the culprit here!

Have a read of this - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

You are undoubtedly adding a tweak that is either 1) for the iPhone only, or 2) not ready for the version of IOS you have installed

The correct way to resolve the issue is to remove the tweak which does not belong on your device! :D

If you don't know which one that is, then it's trial and error, but Mobile Substrate should NOT be removed ;)