What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where can I find a photo sent via Bluetooth?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
this is a very basic question, but I have been sent a photo via Bluetooth and cannot find where it is on my original mini IPad.
any clues?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
this is a very basic question, but I have been sent a photo via Bluetooth and cannot find where it is on my original mini IPad. any clues?

Hello - you'll need to provide some more information: 1) What iOS is installed on your iPad Mini; 2) From which device was the photo sent to you, i.e. an iDevice or a computer; 3) Did you have both Wi-Fi and BT (Bluetooth) activated on your device; and 4) Did you look in the 'Camera Roll' of the Photo App?

I'm assuming that you were trying to send/exchange photos using Apple's AirDrop which requires that Wi-Fi and BT are both activated on your iPad Mini; you also need at least iOS 7 to use the feature. The sending device has similar requirements if also an iDevice and slightly different ones if a computer using OS X - at the moment I'll not go into details for the latter, such as the need for iOS 8.

Please answer the above questions so we have a better understanding of what is being tried and if my assumptions are on or not? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the image was sent using AirDrop, a popup should have appeared on your iPad. You have to accept, then the image will load to your Photos app. When it has finished loading, this will open the app and show the picture that was sent.

Hope that helps.

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sorry I forgot you'd need extra info :(
It is on 7.1.2
The photo was sent to me from a an Sony Xperia-1 phone using Bluetooth
I had did have Bluetooth switched on
it is not in my camera roll
---------
edited to add . . .
we have just tried again and it looks as if we need to connect the Bluetooth before transfers can happen.
My IPad first said it was not paired so I clicked on its name.
now it seems to be trying to connect but keeps saying it is not connected.
do I need to do something else to get it connected

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you're trying is not possible via Bluetooth. The Sony Xperia needs to install an app (Photo Transfer App, e.g.) to be able to send a picture to your iPad (the app uses Wi-Fi, afaik). I suppose the same app needs to be installed on your iPad too.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sorry I forgot you'd need extra info :(
It is on 7.1.2
The photo was sent to me from a an Sony Xperia-1 phone using Bluetooth
I had did have Bluetooth switched on
it is not in my camera roll
---------
edited to add . . .
we have just tried again and it looks as if we need to connect the Bluetooth before transfers can happen.
My IPad first said it was not paired so I clicked on its name.
now it seems to be trying to connect but keeps saying it is not connected.
do I need to do something else to get it connected

Thanks for the additional information - AirDrop is not an option for those different devices (of course, your friend could buy an iPhone - ;)). If just one or several photos need to be transferred, then an easy solution is to have your friend email the images to you.

Otherwise, I agree w/ Johanna, i.e. there are a number of photo transfer apps that transmit wirelessly and across different platforms (e.g. iOS & Android) - I have several on my iPad and the most recent addition would likely work fine in your situation and is inexpensive, so worth consideration if you are planning to use frequently. The app is Photo Transfer (assume same one mentioned previously) - the opening screen on the link is shown below. Good luck - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.14.56 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions, Dave and Joanna
I got her to email me the photo.

Most reactions

Latest posts