What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth connection trouble on iPad 2

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing Bluetooth connection problems on their iPad 2? My Jabra Halo wireless headphones worked awesome on my original iPad, now I cannot get them to connect to my iPad 2! The iPad just keeps searching but cannot find the headset, any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing Bluetooth connection problems on their iPad 2? My Jabra Halo wireless headphones worked awesome on my original iPad, now I cannot get them to connect to my iPad 2! The iPad just keeps searching but cannot find the headset, any suggestions?

Welcome to the Forum. Did you remember to un-pair your headphones before trying to pair them again with the iPad? A Bluetooth peripheral, like the Halo, can only be used by one device at a time. To switch it to a new device - i.e. from your iPad1 to your iPad2 you need to unpaid it. Then the iPad2 will find them and you can pair the iPad2 to your headset.

I had a look through the Instruction Manual that came with the Halo (it's available on-line at Jabra.com) and they give step-by-step instructions if you need them - I know how easy it is to forget how to unpaid a Bluetooth device because, generally speaking, you don't do it very often!!

But, please, don't hesitate to get back to us if there's a continuing problem.

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I have already sold my old iPad but prior to selling it I had cleared everything and reset it to original settings. I would think in doing that it would have unpaired any Bluetooth devices, correct?

OP
M

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MuktownPat said:
Thanks for the tips, I have already sold my old iPad but prior to selling it I had cleared everything and reset it to original settings. I would think in doing that it would have unpaired any Bluetooth devices, correct?

I solved the problem, restarted the iPad and held down the Bluetooth button on the Jabra for about 12 seconds, which apparently resets it, then stared over and it connected!

malakatoui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth on my ipad2

Hey...I am experiencing trouble with Bluetooth connectivity on my ipad2. It is not pairing with other devices..?? I tried with my phone(samsung ) and it failed!thought that I am gonna be able transferring data from my phone? Is there any possible solution?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
malakatoui said:
Hey...I am experiencing trouble with Bluetooth connectivity on my ipad2. It is not pairing with other devices..?? I tried with my phone(samsung ) and it failed!thought that I am gonna be able transferring data from my phone? Is there any possible solution?

I believe the iPad only connects to headsets, to connect to other devices such as phones, I believe you need to jailbreak the iPad

someone should come along and confirm whether that is correct or not, as I've not jail broken my ipad

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
I believe the iPad only connects to headsets, to connect to other devices such as phones, I believe you need to jailbreak the iPad

The only things I remember people saying you can connect to are headsets, keyboards and (some) GPS units. Does anyone no of other bluetooth devices that the iPad can pair to without jail breaking? I know it won't pair to my PC or my bluetooth mouse, for instance.

Ohpinion8ted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 connects with my iPhone 4, via Bluetooth, all the time for tethering. Works great and far easier in the iPhone's battery compared to using the wifi hotspot feature.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
No trouble here with iPad 1 not jail broken , connecting via Bluetooth and transferring contacts and photos between iPads and iPhones either way as sender or receiver.
Hope this helps.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:

The only things I remember people saying you can connect to are headsets, keyboards and (some) GPS units. Does anyone no of other bluetooth devices that the iPad can pair to without jail breaking? I know it won't pair to my PC or my bluetooth mouse, for instance.

The finger is the pointer in iPad ... there is no place for a mouse in iOS ... thus no recognition.

qiantaffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a sennheiser MM550 headphone, it sometimes cut off, I have to connect it again, is there anyone know how to solve the problem? btw, the headphone is connected by airplay.

malakatoui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
malakatoui said:

someone should come along and confirm whether that is correct or not, as I've not jail broken my ipad

and how do we jailbreak the ipad?

Doogie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 bluetooth connection with my Blackberry Torch

I am having trouble connecting through Bluetooth my iPad 2 to my Blackberry Torch. Does anyone have a solution? Does someone (BB or Apple) make a cord to connect the two?

Most reactions