What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When were you CHARGED for your order?

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I ordered my IPADS last Friday, I had 2 charges, each for $531.

One of my IPADS shipped, and as of Monday, I only have 1 charge now, but it looks like my balanace is still short the $531. Apple told me my account isnt charged until they SHIP, but I was charged for both up front.

My 2nd ipad is still "preparing for shipping", Im curious if I was already charged (it looks like I was) or if I will be charged again.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you place an order with a credit card, a pre-authorization is placed on the card. This guarantees that the funds are available. The vendor captures these funds when the item ships. If they don't capture the funds in 30 days they are freed up again.

Paying with a bank debit card is similar, however the pre-authorization reduces your account balance. The bank holds the funds in another bucket until they are captured or the pre auth expires.

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was charged for both at the time of the order (the 7th and the 9th). The charges never dropped off.

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, ya it looks like the $$ is gone from my account but the charge isnt there. Hopefully it doesnt remove more funds when it ships I guess.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered @ 7:30 eastern on march 7th. I noticed the check on the cards validity within 15 minutes. Thought I was late in ordering but it seems Apple made enough to handle a huge initial wave of orders for Friday ,march 16th deliveries. You really got to hand it to Apple. They are the best at what they do.
Asus made thousands of people nuts and only sold hundreds of primes without the wifi defect. I'm glad I cancelled early. No need to try android just yet.
Apple handles millions upon millions of orders effortlessly. Engraving options just boggle the mind from the logistics standpoint. Truly an Amazing company. Steve must be proud so far.

Last edited:

Sting67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Placed order (in UK) 3am 8th March... Delivery tomorrow or Friday! Funny thing was I didn't wake up to order an iPad, but to take a piss instead!!! looool

Most reactions

Latest posts