1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

When were you CHARGED for your order?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by DroidHAM, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DroidHAM

DroidHAM iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When I ordered my IPADS last Friday, I had 2 charges, each for $531.

One of my IPADS shipped, and as of Monday, I only have 1 charge now, but it looks like my balanace is still short the $531. Apple told me my account isnt charged until they SHIP, but I was charged for both up front.

My 2nd ipad is still "preparing for shipping", Im curious if I was already charged (it looks like I was) or if I will be charged again.
  2. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Placed my order on the 7th, it shipped

on the 11th, the charge hit my card on the 12th.
  3. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    When you place an order with a credit card, a pre-authorization is placed on the card. This guarantees that the funds are available. The vendor captures these funds when the item ships. If they don't capture the funds in 30 days they are freed up again.

Paying with a bank debit card is similar, however the pre-authorization reduces your account balance. The bank holds the funds in another bucket until they are captured or the pre auth expires.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lique831

lique831 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was charged for both at the time of the order (the 7th and the 9th). The charges never dropped off.
  5. DroidHAM

DroidHAM iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hmmm, ya it looks like the $$ is gone from my account but the charge isnt there. Hopefully it doesnt remove more funds when it ships I guess.
  6. Slimseven

Slimseven iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I ordered @ 7:30 eastern on march 7th. I noticed the check on the cards validity within 15 minutes. Thought I was late in ordering but it seems Apple made enough to handle a huge initial wave of orders for Friday ,march 16th deliveries. You really got to hand it to Apple. They are the best at what they do.
    Asus made thousands of people nuts and only sold hundreds of primes without the wifi defect. I'm glad I cancelled early. No need to try android just yet.
    Apple handles millions upon millions of orders effortlessly. Engraving options just boggle the mind from the logistics standpoint. Truly an Amazing company. Steve must be proud so far.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  7. Sting67

Sting67 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Placed order (in UK) 3am 8th March... Delivery tomorrow or Friday! Funny thing was I didn't wake up to order an iPad, but to take a piss instead!!! looool