What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you think the iPad 2 jailbreak will come out?

veggiop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fivefingers.me
Getting bored checking twitter and such, not much excitement lol..
So to spark a discussion, how long do you think it'll take for a public jailbreak and why?
Personally, I believe it will be 1-1.5 weeks. Since all other devices will be taken care of I think they'll focus more on the iPad .
Who knows, only time will tell. But I wanna see what everyone else is thinking. GO!

sTechnical

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully soon. I remember when I got iPad 1 last year, It wasn't until early may that a jailbreak came out for it. I think the iPad 2 will get more attention once the A5 shows up in the iPhone, but comex will likely come through with a userland one before iPhone 5.

so u can get it..

Last edited by a moderator:

anthony2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"soon" can be defined as one week or January 2012. that answer wasn't very specific but i would say it will be out in May once some of the specs of the iphone 5 are complete.

Reaction score
As soon as the developers can sort out the legal issues of the jailbreak.

There is no point whatsoever in holding Comex userland exploit back, as it is already fixed in the newest OS, meaning that it will definitely not work on iPhone 5.

What would make sense is to release this exploit in form of a tethered jb for iPad 2 4.3 asap and then wait for iPhone 5, before releasing another exploit, which may actually work on all A5 devices.

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping before May. I really need iBluever to have internet on the go (tether to my Blackberry) on iPad, WiFi is virtually MIA in New York City :(

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had a clue as to where to start I would be willing to help crack the ipad2.
Given physical access to a windows or Linux server I can gain root access in about 4 minutes.
I am just not sure how to access the file system on iOS. I dont have a mac but I am assuming that i would need the devkit.

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I BELIEVE @WRSFORD @twitter IS GOING TO JB THE IPAD2 BEFORE REDSNOW..I ALREADY SEEN SOME SNAPSHOTS*CAN'T WAIT*

Sent from my iPad2

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have 3 top devs racing away to jailbreak this mother. Geohot just got the ipad 2, when? Like a day ago if even? He agreed to jailbreak it when I ordered mine. About 2 weeks ago. Still no ipad in the mail for me and still no jailbreak. So I think we all need a little more paitence as a jailbreak will probably be available by the end of the month.
Sent from my G2 via tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts