What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you think the iPad 2 jailbreak will come out?

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
obvious optimism is obvious :)

end of month? no chances.

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No chances? Okay negative nancy... Lol. I don't see how you can say that unless you're apart of one of the teams working on a jailbreak.

Then again you could probably try to say the same about me, but the fact of the matter is there are people working hard on this jailbreak and they are doing their best and haven't given us much of a timeline to know when it'll be here. But 19 days from now is a safe bet (end of may) that it will must likely be available if not announced by then

Sent from my G2 via tapatalk

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just a question: if i haven't saved SHSH blobs for 4.3.1 but i'm still at 4.3, i should be able to update to 4.3.1 and jailbreak right? assuming all this is true of course

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No chances? Okay negative nancy... Lol. I don't see how you can say that unless you're apart of one of the teams working on a jailbreak.

Then again you could probably try to say the same about me, but the fact of the matter is there are people working hard on this jailbreak and they are doing their best and haven't given us much of a timeline to know when it'll be here. But 19 days from now is a safe bet (end of may) that it will must likely be available if not announced by then

I understood your point.
But 19 days ago we've seen the same posts in iPad Hacking forum ("end of April" etc.).
I'm following all the news, all the top guys in Twitter and... there's no a single piece of evidence showing the progress. NOTHING at all! Just the bloggers re-post the same news again and again.

My bet - Autumn. Why? Because iPhone5 will be released. It will attract more attention as it's wider spread (more hackers, more users waiting for a hack). Maybe lessons learned hacking iPhone 5 would be useful for jailbreaking iPad2 (and maybe not).
Autumn. Not earlier.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I understood your point.
But 19 days ago we've seen the same posts in iPad Hacking forum ("end of April" etc.).
I'm following all the news, all the top guys in Twitter and... there's no a single piece of evidence showing the progress. NOTHING at all! Just the bloggers re-post the same news again and again.

My bet - Autumn. Why? Because iPhone5 will be released. It will attract more attention as it's wider spread (more hackers, more users waiting for a hack). Maybe lessons learned hacking iPhone 5 would be useful for jailbreaking iPad2 (and maybe not).
Autumn. Not earlier.

i reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally doubt we'll have to wait till autumn. if they find a userland exploit now, chances are it will be sealed for iOS5. there's little point in hoarding it. if it's a bootrom exploit, then it's pretty unpatchable anyway, so it'll be fine.

my latest prediction will be end of june, but of course i'm hoping for one by the end of this month

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying wait for iphone 5, wait for iphone 5. Its not coming out yet guys. We've had more confirmation (via an att rep) that the iphone 5 won't be coming this year then we've had about any news about an ipad 2 jailbreak.

The only difference here is I'm having faith in the people working on this jailbreak to do what they say. You, and most others, think that's only possible with the release of the iphone 5, which you have no steady proof will even be here this year.
I don't think I'm wrong in thinking this jailbreak will come soon, however geohot hasn't even had a couple weeks to try yet, since he just joined this venture. So it will come as soon as they can get it to. I don't think it'll take till july though.

I understood your point.

Autumn. Not earlier.

Most reactions