What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's in "Others"?

allakazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm really curious. In itunes, when I click on Summary, at the bottom where it shows a summary of my iPad's usage, there's this yellow section which says "Others". What's in there? It's taking up 0.7Gb of my iPad's capacity... :( Thanks in advance for answering. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's typically data that the iPad's operating system, iOS, and iTunes can't identify. Could be data files used by an app, for example - say mapping data - or something similar.

Tim

OP
A

allakazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim! Is there any way to look carefully at these files and identify what could be deleted?

If I'm off topic, please help me move this thread to the appropriate location. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any way to do this. Some Members have noticed significant 'Other' - several GB - and have looked at ways to try to remove it. Some have even gone as far as to restore their iPad when the 'Other' was so large that it was inhibiting the download of new apps or movies. I've yet to see a 100% sure way of dealing with this, though. Maybe other Members will give us their advice during the day.

I think the post is in an ideal location - it's a General Discussion as far as I can see.

I'll have another look around too and see if I can find out any more on this topic, because it has come up a couple of times.

Tim

OP
A

allakazoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again Tim, you have been very helpful. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts