What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What. Is the " other" category

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what's on my iPad since its now full. The summary page has a category called "other". The other categories make sense to me (video, photos , etc.).

I want to identify what's in "other " to see if I can delete something within it to free up some space.

Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanx

Grey goose

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the info through google. Restarted iPad and other category dropped significantly.

Problem solved.....

Greygoose

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the definition I found from Apple's support forum:

"Other" includes data such as contact information and photos assigned to contacts, calendar events, Safari bookmarks/cookies/history, notes created with the Notes application, SMS messages, email stored locally or cached, and 3rd party application data created and stored by the application.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's good to know - Thanks! I have a lot of pictures in messages maybe that's what's eating away at my memory

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodness, I have over 1,000 contacts and just synced their Facebook photos with them. I didn't think about that eating up space. I am okay for now, but will have to tuck that piece of information away for future reference.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts