What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is This Popup?

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is This Popup? Solved

Using iCab browser. At times when i tap the screen in my browser, regardless of forum, page etc, this annoying popup-like "thing" appears. It allows me to tap X to remove it. Is it preventable?

Attachments

• 378614935.425677.jpg
    378614935.425677.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah! Thanks for the update. I did not even notice you were not using Safari. Having no idea what on the forum's website could cause such a strange pop-up, I was waiting for a mod or admin to enlighten us. :)

Glad you figured it out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that you are accidentally tapping the module icon (in your bookmark bar - the puzzle piece looking one). That I know of, there is nothing in the forum software that would call up the modules in the iCab browser.

Marilyn

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that you are accidentally tapping the module icon (in your bookmark bar - the puzzle piece looking one). That I know of, there is nothing in the forum software that would call up the modules in the iCab browser.

Marilyn

It would occur randomly when tapping. No body part near the puzzle though that brings up an interesting marketing strategy or heck of a coincidence. Being new to the tablet/touchscreen world, I've quickly noticed how so very many linked ads are placed in a manner to invite the edge of the hands (primarily right hand) to caress the ad just enough to launch the ad. My paranoia?

PS: Good point regarding the puzzle. Just removed it from bar.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts