What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to "Matcha"?

plg3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to look for a Netflix movie yesterday on the "Matcha" app on my iPad and the application wouldn't work. Thinking that I may have a connection problem, I checked on the internet only to find that "Matcha" is no longer in operation and the "Matcha" app is not available in the Apple App Store. :(

Wonder what happened to "Matcha"? Any really good alternatives for searching for Netflix (and other) movies?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome. Please let us know how useful you find it.

It tells me that I can stream the Star Wars movies from Hulu Plus, but in reality all I can stream are clips, and those after being directed to a third site. However, that's a single example, so I'm not sure how it is overall.

JKSinclair1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed the app wasn't working either and was just gone from the App Store so I went to their website and they have discontinued all service for matcha. See the following screen shot. Such a bummer I loved that app... image.jpg

OP
P

plg3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Something better"?? I still don't understand why they shut down the application with absolutely no notice. It's all about money, I'm sure. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see if they can come up with a better "mousetrap."

Most reactions

Latest posts