What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix on iPad Review

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does this whole Queue thing work? I'm new to Netflix and is this only good for people that actually get the DVDs and waiting to get them in the mail when they come out? Guess if you stream online only every things up for grabs?

You add dvd and instant movies to the Queue, instant just makes it easier to watch another you had saved, dvd helps because after they get yours back, whatever is next in line gets shipped out to you.

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
How does this whole Queue thing work? I'm new to Netflix and is this only good for people that actually get the DVDs and waiting to get them in the mail when they come out? Guess if you stream online only every things up for grabs?

Yes, queues are primarily for the DVDs. They will arrive in the order you have them in, though this can be altered as many times as you wish. For the instant queue I have about 124. When I had time to browse, follow links and read reviews I added to my instant queue. This means when I want to watch a movie I don't have to browse for one but can go to my queue and scroll through them and quickly find one to watch. i just add to my instant queue whenever I come across one that interests me. Saves time and you always have a nice pool to choose from. I now keep my DVD queue moe up go date with current movies unless there are some older ones I find aren't available in instant.

People seem to think its Netflix that won't offer the new movies in instant. Its really the movie-TV industry that is fighting this because they will obviously lose money from sales, both to consumers and to Netflix who had to buy all the DVD copies it mails out. Netflix made a big deal about Sept which allowed them to add a lot more movies to instant and I'm sure they are in continuing discussions to try and negotiate having more current popular ones. I would love to only stream but I think its quite awhile until everything is available in that format.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts