What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often think it's a shame when I see newbies to the forums don't read the thread and forum rules before they launch in to the thread and post.

Oh dear.

Those newbies don't seem to appreciate the wealth of knowledge, and usefulness which the iPad apps etc have to offer.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Malikor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be using my iPad 2 for games, mostly, but also for movies and music. Just another gaming platform for me :)

Chileman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoping to use it for editing existing SLR-taken photos whilst commuting on the train.

Haven't figured out the workflow yet, but I'm persevering!

Other than that...casual browsing, emails, watching videos on the train, astronomy stuff...

dawidbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for the presentation purpose as it having large display and good connectivity options. I make my notes very easily in my iPad during meeting. It is helping me a lot with my business.

kountzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't listen to a lot of music. I don't watch movies on my ipad or iphone much either. I like using my ipad 2 16 mg wifi only as a small laptop. I couple it with an apple wireless keyboard. I often take it to the library and other places where there is a good wifi signal. I am forever learning this and that, subjects like spanish, french, math. I love my ipad as a note taker.

My ipad is very light and convenient. It is a great compliment to my laptop, which I use as a desktop now, and my Iphone 4s, which will soon be obsolete, but I like a lot anyway.

johnc2c

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,thank you for your sharing your view.I also use it for watching movie,chatting on facebook etc.It's a awesome device.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kountzer said:
I don't listen to a lot of music. I don't watch movies on my ipad or iphone much either. I like using my ipad 2 16 mg wifi only as a small laptop. I couple it with an apple wireless keyboard. I often take it to the library and other places where there is a good wifi signal. I am forever learning this and that, subjects like spanish, french, math. I love my ipad as a note taker.

My ipad is very light and convenient. It is a great compliment to my laptop, which I use as a desktop now, and my Iphone 4s, which will soon be obsolete, but I like a lot anyway.

Hi there,

I use mine as a photo album. That was the main reason for getting it; the image display is superb. However, other uses have overtaken the primary purpose for buying an iPad.

Other uses include mapping and street view, emailing, iPad forum threads. Etc.
I have some music on the iPad, but don't listen too often, I use the iPod for music as it's compact and very portable.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

sarahbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use it to chat with friends, watch videos, listening songs, surf the internets

Daniel Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kiwitech.com
Ipad is capable of performing a lot of activities but the usage depends upon the user. I am having iPad 2 and loves to read books like "The pillars of the earth", "The adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and few other like them.
Further I uses it to manage projects, surf web and few other things while on the move.

romnickhudges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bookgator.com
I really love my iPad because it's very user friendly and easy to carry wherever I am. I'm using it to watch videos online, as an ebook reader as well, games, and using it for social media purposes.

Deepu55555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use ipad in many ways like second monitor for your pc and you can manage your home or work pc directly from your ipad.

Claudia P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for a lot of things, one of the main ones besides drawing and painting with Procreate is to be able to upload photos and videos, with the camera connection kit, and view them at a beautiful resolution while away from home.
My other half races his altered roadster at the local drag strips and I take video of his runs, by the time he gets out of the car I can show him his run on the beautiful screen. The resolution is so good that he can actually make adjustments to his car between rounds based on viewing the previous run.

Most reactions

Latest posts