What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

oleyellabuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to use my iPad for everything, but for now it's my e-reader, handy internet device around the house and my financial info organizer.

Halfpint_x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think before I downloaded the new iOS 6 software my msgs where getting to my phone number. Coz it just recently it's been sending to my iPad.

Thanks for ur reply :)

ghaigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad, but I am struggling to understand why.

Great as a photo viewer. Fine for accesing iTunes. Mediocre as internet brower. Pretty poor for email and ebooks (unless bought from iTunes).

And actually quite difficult to use. I need a crib sheet taped to the back for (e.g.) our to kill the Mail app when it crashes (often) - info that I only obtained from forums like this.

Am i missing something?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ghaigh said:
I have an iPad, but I am struggling to understand why.

Great as a photo viewer. Fine for accesing iTunes. Mediocre as internet brower. Pretty poor for email and ebooks (unless bought from iTunes).

And actually quite difficult to use. I need a crib sheet taped to the back for (e.g.) our to kill the Mail app when it crashes (often) - info that I only obtained from forums like this.

Am i missing something?

Welcome to the forums. IPad has hidden potential. You will love it more and more.

Suggestion, search the Apple site for iPad manual. Keep a bookmarked link. Bookmarks are accessed through Safari :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

image-3656432145.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi ghaigh.

I note you are interested in eBooks. You can get a free version of Kindle via the apps store. Free or paid books are readily available via the "usual suspects". Enjoy ;)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Adding to Richard's point about Kindle, it's a great accessory to supplement iBooks in the event you can't find a certain title.
Looking at my library - about 40% of my saved book content is from Kindle.

AA

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too true. Kindle and iBooks rock. I also have kobo.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad to play games with my GF. I'm also using Evernote to take notes (man it's super cool app, also have it for my laptop). But mostly I use iPad to read. Pulse for news, iBooks, Kindle & PDF Max for ebooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts