What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Claudia P said:
I use my iPad for a lot of things, one of the main ones besides drawing and painting with Procreate is to be able to upload photos and videos, with the camera connection kit, and view them at a beautiful resolution while away from home.
My other half races his altered roadster at the local drag strips and I take video of his runs, by the time he gets out of the car I can show him his run on the beautiful screen. The resolution is so good that he can actually make adjustments to his car between rounds based on viewing the previous run.

Hi Claudia. Welcome to this thread. I wanted to say that I like your use of the iPad in support of your other half's racing. Any chance of some pictures, possibly on the cars thread? :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pinklady14 said:
Do you find volume veryyyy low

Hi, Pinklady14, welcome to the forums. The forums are great and we will help others out in many ways, exchange views and banter etc.

No, the volume is very very good for a machine of it's size. Do you know where the volume controls are? Towards the top of the right hand side there are 2 controls. The long one is a rocker switch which controls the volume.

The small switch can be used either as a mute button, or as a display lock to prevent the display spinning when you rotate your iPad. You determine which of these 2 functions you prefer via the iPad settings.

HTH

Cond#32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read mails, ebooks, watch movies while travelling, working and studying online with platforms as Google Drive or dropbox..but I'll probably find something more when I'll get it :)

Reaction score
I used to bring it to school and read with it but my teacher said I couldn't read with it anymore because our school doesn't really allow electronics in school right now. I normally use it to play apps, watch YouTube, get connected with friends, and mostly all things a computer would do.

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
I used to bring it to school and read with it but my teacher said I couldn't read with it anymore because our school doesn't really allow electronics in school right now. I normally use it to play apps, watch YouTube, get connected with friends, and mostly all things a computer would do.

Interesting school...hope they reform soon.

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

Claudia P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Claudia. Welcome to this thread. I wanted to say that I like your use of the iPad in support of your other half's racing. Any chance of some pictures, possibly on the cars thread? :)

Hi Richard and thank you for the welcome. If you could point me to the cars thread I would be happy to post pics and a link to video.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Claudia P said:
Hi Richard and thank you for the welcome. If you could point me to the cars thread I would be happy to post pics and a link to video.

Hi Claudia, here is the link. http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/3964-cars.html

I, for one, look forward to seeing the pics and video. Here in the UK, Santa Pod in the East Midlands is the main drag racing venue.

johnjeni33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway with the new refurb prices, I am wondering what everyone uses
their ipads for. I think that its may be one of those things that you
don't think you need until you get one. Then you can't go anywhere
withtout it. Kind of like a smart phone. I really did not NEED one but
now I can't live without it because I know all of what it can do and
it's embedded into every facet of my life. So, just want to hear how some people use their ipads on a daily basis. I
saw one post of a photographer that uses it to show clients photos
which I thought was neat. The commercials i see about using garage band
or whatever really doesn't appeal to me at all. I find myself asking
myself "when am I EVER going to use that. why not use my MBP?" but i
don't own an Iphone (Android mytouch 4g here) so the app market is a
little different.

Most reactions

Latest posts