What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Can't Apple Allow my to Roll Back the a previous IOS?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've heard the complaints, Zagg Bluetooth keyboard ceased functioning, iPad freezes up several times a week. Wish just wish I could return to my blissful experience of last summer when this thing functioned like it was supposed to.... Pre OIS 7.0.4 Upgrade"
But, The industry is racing to place the planned obsolescence into our lives so we'll continue to line up at Best Buy every 18 months.
Unhappy

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Must admit, every time I upgrade software, Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry, (grrrrr), I always have a problem. I dread the notification telling me to upgrade :(
I am quite aware that this is a necessary nuisance in the IT world and I have to live with it but not so often, pleeeease! I also feel that it is not done for the user's convenience. Blackberry is by far the worst, after an upgrade, I have lost count of the number of times I have to update my email accounts! I am learning to live with Apple upgrades, they are far the best (so far) not half as disruptive as the others mentioned. Upgrades? Get it right first time, you are paid enough and have the IT resources! Talking of which (a moan moment) just received a new debit card. My old one doesn't run out till Feb 2014! When I queried it at the bank I was told that it had been mailed early! Well, thanks bank! I have just spent a lot of time updating my online accounts with whom I trade.
Mike

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About "updates" I sometimes have a conspiracy theory that these updates have a primary function of creating planned obsolescence. All our devices are intended to be junk in X number of years only because of the updates.
Did you ever hear of the light bulb still burning somewhere back east for almost 100 years without replacement, without ever turing off? GE could have made bulbs last forever but then immediately began engineering failures purposely.

QUOTE="Barçamad;1024732"]Must admit, every time I upgrade software, Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry, (grrrrr), I always have a problem. I dread the notification telling me to upgrade :( I am quite aware that this is a necessary nuisance in the IT world and I have to live with it but not so often, pleeeease! I also feel that it is not done for the user's convenience. Blackberry is by far the worst, after an upgrade, I have lost count of the number of times I have to update my email accounts! I am learning to live with Apple upgrades, they are far the best (so far) not half as disruptive as the others mentioned. Upgrades? Get it right first time, you are paid enough and have the IT resources! Talking of which (a moan moment) just received a new debit card. My old one doesn't run out till Feb 2014! When I queried it at the bank I was told that it had been mailed early! Well, thanks bank! I have just spent a lot of time updating my online accounts with whom I trade. Mike[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Latest posts