What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finished reading 2 books:

Trunk Music (Harry Bosch) by Michael Connelly

Great detective yarn! In fact, Connelly is one of the best in his field.

----------------------------

Fire and Fury:The Allied Bombing of Germany, 1942-1945 by Randall Hansen

Talking about Weapons of Mass Destruction used in WWII. Killed ~600,000 civilians mostly women and children!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
I finished reading 2 books:

Trunk Music (Harry Bosch) by Michael Connelly

Great detective yarn! In fact, Connelly is one of the best in his field.

----------------------------

Fire and Fury:The Allied Bombing of Germany, 1942-1945 by Randall Hansen

Talking about Weapons of Mass Destruction used in WWII. Killed ~600,000 civilians mostly women and children!

WWI and WWII were the first large wars that targeted civilians in a major way. It's become mechanized and too easy, no longer up close and personal, to the detriment of our humanity.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
WWI and WWII were the first large wars that targeted civilians in a major way. It's become mechanized and too easy, no longer up close and personal, to the detriment of our humanity.

There isn't much of our humanity left. However, casualty figures are down in our recent wars. Vietnam was the last war with major casualties. But even 50,000 is a low figure compared to the losses by Russian and German troops in WWII which ran in the millions.

But on a personal level, even one life lost is too much.

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It's the companies that make them. They ask for amounts of stock in the Spring and then deliver August onwards. The shops have to either store it in the warehouse(lack of sales) or sell it. Most put it out around this time. Shops can't afford not to. We are ordered around by manufacturers.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

What are you talking about? The Christmas displays?

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
"A Wanted Man" - a new Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child, purchased in iBooks.

AA

I have read one of these books in the series - it was only a little weird to read it in the middle and not from beginning of series to the book I read. That is hard with series books I think. Great author!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Was this awesome? The name makes it sound awesome...

It's not as good as some of his other books, like Ender's Game, but I'm enjoying it. I've never read a book by Card that I did not enjoy.

P.S. I just finished the book. It's obviously the first of a new series. I'm very much looking forward to the next book. In the mean time the afterword mentioned another book set in the same world/universe, Stonefather. I'll be looking for it shortly.

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
ZombieKitty said:
I have read one of these books in the series - it was only a little weird to read it in the middle and not from beginning of series to the book I read. That is hard with series books I think. Great author!

I read my first "Reacher" book on vacation years ago. Think it was third in the series. Like you I had no problem settling in. Then I was hooked and started reading from the beginning. Didn't take long to get caught up.

AA

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bram Stoker's "Dracula" (iBooks)

"Death by Black Hole" by Neil DeGrasse Tyson (Kindle)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts