What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just finished the last chapter of THG. Debating whether to go ahead with Catching Fire or go back to The Acts of King Arthur and his Noble Knights.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm reading The Family Corleone by Ed Flaco
This novel is based on a screenplay written by Mario Puzo, who wrote the original book The Godfather, one of my favorite books. Falco's book is that missing link, the one that tells the full story of all of the secrets that are only whispered about in The Godfather. I'm hoping he did a good job of taking over the tale. It has received some very good reviews.

☮ ♥ 

coffeedrinker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catching Fire is pretty awesome. It's her last book of the trilogy that I found disappointing (although still a real page turner.)
Just finished the last chapter of THG. Debating whether to go ahead with Catching Fire or go back to The Acts of King Arthur and his Noble Knights.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Just started this.
image-2329289976.jpg

Light summer read.

AA

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-3087178304.jpg

This is very interesting. A compilation of articles on the interplay between technology and the constitution. Some are dense and some quite clear. I don't know if I will finish it. I read fiction quickly but nonfiction slowly. I only have it from library for 2 weeks. I have heard that the Brookings institute has a conservative slant but this seems to be middle of the road. It touches on a great many issues we need to deal with.

Bobbi

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also just finished William gibsons spook county and zero ??. I haven't read any science fiction for years. Any reccomendations on where to start again, besides Gibson?

Bobbi

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Bennettb said:
Also just finished William gibsons spook county and zero ??. I haven't read any science fiction for years. Any reccomendations on where to start again, besides Gibson?

Bobbi

"The Swarm" by Frank Shatzing is a terrific read.
A real summer book. It's a heavy tome, as in weight so consider e-format if you get it. It's an eco-thriller / SciFi / fate of the world piece. It's translated from German but it's a well done transpose.

Stephen King's latest, "11/22/63" is worth reading. I classify it as SciFi because of the time travel theme.

Another good read, again not pure SciFi but close enough, and modern, is Cormack McCarthy's "The Road."
Recommend you resist seeing the movie first. Read, then watch. The book and film are excellent.

AA

Last edited:

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, AA, the swarm sounds interesting. It's not in my library's on line section so I downloaded a sample from iBooks. Started it and it looks compelling. Don't like Steven king so I'll try mccarthy next. Not much of a movie buff so very little chance of seeing that first.

Libbyfh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
libbyhellmann.com
I just finished MIAMI PURITY by Vicki Hendricks. Beautifully written and very noir. In the middle of THIEVES LIKE US by Peter Spiegelman, and TELEX FROM CUBA. Enjoying them both.

JohnDwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"South of the Limpopo" by Dervla Murphy. A fantastic travelogue about South Africa during and after the 1994 elections.

Most reactions

Latest posts