What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished work. If you have to come to Calgary, midnight is the best time to arrive. All of the crazies are in bed. I'm prepared to bet half the revenue raised by Canada in a year is from speeding tickets issued in this place.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Preparing for my next long working day. This afternoon will be parent-teacher conference.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I concur with your assessment of Calgary drivers Keven.I also only found one pay phone on the Trans Canada.I was hopelessly lost and came off the road during rush hour and spotted a man in the parking lot with a phone. When I asked if I might borrow it to phone a rescue he bemoaned that he to was lost and was calling a cab to get him out of there.My nephue drove in front knowing my limitations and my navigator daughter did a tally. No signall65, No full stop at a stop sign47, running a yellow 32.
to him that was normal!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just reminded me of a faux pas I committed years ago. Just after the Berlin Wall came down, I was delivering a load of building material to a part of what used to be East Berlin. No GPS in those days, so I was doing the old map-on-the-steering-wheel trick. I could see where I wanted to be, but couldn't figure out how to get there. I saw a cobblestone road that looked like it headed on the right direction so I turned into it, and immediately realized I was in trouble. It wasn't a road. It was a tramway. I was committed, so I continued down it, hoping not to meet a tram coming the other way. At the junction with a real road, there was a signal, but it had symbols rather than colored lights. I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out which symbol meant I could proceed. Talk about dumb. I shouldn't even have been there and I was worried about running a "red" light.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to Berlin to run in the first half marathon between E & W Berlin just after the wall came down.

Berlin as it was then has left a few lasting memories.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts