What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterproof Case for Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This might be a nice accessory to have when taking the iPad out by the pool/beach.

41jbESCthtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

"The WaterGuard Waterproof Case guards against any wet environment that iPad might be exposed to. It is a perfect companion when when you use your iPad at the beach, near the pool side, in the bathtub or at the kitchen table. It provides great protection when you get stuck in a rainstorm or accidentally drop you bag on a wet surface. When using the WaterGuard case, the iPad can be slipped directly into the WaterGuard pocket and the transparent surface provides easy interaction with the keyboard and navigation interface."

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/TrendyDigital-WaterGuard-Waterproof-Apple-Border/dp/B00373LR68/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265670892&sr=8-20]Amazon.com: TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Apple iPad, Blue Border: Electronics[/ame]

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is good, but i dont trust water proof things... but then again why would you be so close to the water with an electrical system.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, especially something that expensive!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am wondering 2 important point how they can be sure it will fit the Ipad, and do the touch screen will work :))

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still remember the day when we still serviced Sony Walkmans...

Customer: I had my walkman at the beach on vacation and ever since I cant eject the tape and auto reverse no longer works.

Me: Hello ... McFly!

Sand + Water - common sense = Sony Walkmans cant swim :eek:

So we would always mark the labor code SWCS.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, its for people like that. Thats the reason they made it, to cover people who like being around water with electricity/technology.:)

Curtis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splish, splash.

For those with the capability to work from home and access to a pool, perhaps a heated one, or the beach, I can see where a waterproof iPad with an app like "Desktop" could prove to be very beneficial.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

auspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why dont you just buy a large condom - put the ipad in it and tie a not on the top??

tadaa, a sheek fitting waterproof case

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see taking an iPad out on a boating trip, but my concern with the baggy solution is heat and humidity buildup. There will probably be better units that come out later with ventilation and hard shells.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see taking an iPad out on a boating trip, but my concern with the baggy solution is heat and humidity buildup. There will probably be better units that come out later with ventilation and hard shells.

In case this is something you might be interested in: Apple iPad Case :: Coming Soon! // OtterBox.com

But if any case is water proof it may also be airtight so whatever buildup you have inside the case won't ventilate out.

I have the OtterBox Defender series for my iPhone and it protects the iPhone well from a little rain, but that's about it for protection from water.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been wondering how the touchscreen would work in those too. Not enough that I'll buy one. When I'm in the pool, I am swimming not reading.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
waterproof does not have to mean air tight. There are materials out there that allow air movement, while keeping things dry. And some waterproof cases have one-way vents in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts