What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War of nations

Littlemon59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am playing war of nations on my wife's ipad. She got me my own for Xmas. How do I play WON without having to start over again. Can I transfer my character?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a very down and dirty process to get it transferred assuming that the data is not saved on a medium such as Gamecenter or on the app's own server. You'd essentially have to backup her device, extract the save file from the backup, make a backup of your own device that has War of Nations installed, then manually inject and modify the save file to work if your device (assuming the app establishes a save file using a UDID or ECID identifier). Once you've injected the save file and made the changes in your own iPad's restore, save the changes, then restore your iPad using the same restore point that you modded.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Willerz2 is talking way over my head on this one. I've never looked into the hacking and jailbreaking aspects of the iPad.

Before you decide what to do, you should probably contact the developers of the app and ask. Some apps save their info in backups, some do not. Some save it in Game Center, some do not.

Go to the developer's support page, linked in the App Store description page, and ask. If it's possible to get your player/score info from one iPad to another without manipulating backup files they should know.

Most reactions

Latest posts