What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic Set Up

jimd1768

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

My wife has just tiold me she has bought me an ipad for Xmas. Whilst I am delighted, I have no idea how to get started. I have a couple of questions, I hope you can help with.

The model is 3G. I believe i need to get a "micro sim". Is this correct? Is this to allow me to use the internet.
Also, I am based in the UK. I am going to the US for Xmas and New Year. Can I get a sim in the US for limited period.

Thank you for reading and apologies for such a basic question.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar event. My wife bought me a present for my birthday a 3GS iPAD. Guess what. She is using it most of the time...
We both love it anג share it nowת with all our 3 e-Mail Accounts. I do have a Micro-SIM which has the same number and account as my Cellphone, So basically I am sharing my 10GB Bandwidth on a 5M speed with my cellphone.
I don't think you need a Micro Sim for USA. It will cost you a fortune to use Internet through 3G. You will have lots of places with free Public WiFi access.
Any Way. Since you have 3GS, it neans you have a build in GPS. Get some maps of your US destination.

B.T.W
I am from Israel. How come you are being told ahead of time, what gift you are getting on Christmas ?
I thought it is supposed to be a surprise.

Most reactions

Latest posts