What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

want to tether ipad 2 wifi only to AT&T iphone 3gs or iphone 4

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to tether the ipad 2 wifi only to the AT&T iphone 3GS or iphone 4?

nynrfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can. All you have to do is turn the 3G or 4G ( which ever you have) then go to settings on iPad and connect. I would strongly recommend you make the connection password protected.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You need to active the phone's Hotspot feature first. It won't even show up in your settings options until you do.

Contact your carrier. It costs $20 a month for 2GB.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 3GS will only tether with Blue Tooth. It still works pretty well, though, and it sure beats nothing at all! :D

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
k7lvo said:
The 3GS will only tether with Blue Tooth. It still works pretty well, though, and it sure beats nothing at all! :D

Or you could jb either the 3gs or iPhone4 and buy mywi for a 1time fee and use phone as mobile hotspot also.

OP
scubadiver12165

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Or you could jb either the 3gs or iPhone4 and buy mywi for a 1time fee and use phone as mobile hotspot also.

My wife has the iPhone 4 and I have the 3GS phone. What is "mywi" and where can I get it?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to either Jailbreak your 3GS and/or iphone4 and then you'll find it in cydia.

Macguy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

My wife has the iPhone 4 and I have the 3GS phone. What is "mywi" and where can I get it?

Just be careful. AT&T has been cracking down on users of MyWi. If AT&T feels that you are using it without having a tethering plan, they will inform you via text message that they will include the up charge to you.

Be warned.

OP
scubadiver12165

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macguy76 said:
Just be careful. AT&T has been cracking down on users of MyWi. If AT&T feels that you are using it without having a tethering plan, they will inform you via text message that they will include the up charge to you.

Be warned.

Thanks for the head's up. For now I'll go without the wifi. If it becomes too much of an inconvenience, I'll do the legit route.

lesleyanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know have an ipad 16 3g, i think i was living in cloud cookoo land, I've got an I phone 4 on 3 one plan, thought if i bought camera usb would let me connect iphone even though was said that there was no usb! So can i teether my Iphone to my ipad and if so how please? Easy instructions please as not terribly techie.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You need to activate the Hotspot feature of the iPhone 4 through your carrier. After that you can tether the phone through Wi-Fi or bluetooth. Thought he bluetooth option was kind of tricky to get paired. I just did it over and over until it worked.

But the Hotspot and bluetooth tethering options will not even appear in you settings until you've activated the feature. It costs $20 in the US. I don't know what the cost and plans are over there.

Most reactions

Latest posts