What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VZW Moto Droid X to be announced on Wednesday

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting for VZW to follow AT&T and kill the Unlimited data plans.....

I really don't care, I just want occasional use (1-2 times a month) outside the house.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Release date of the Droid X is July 15th, but I don't see any word on pre-orders. Will also come with the ability for WiFi hotspot for 2GB a month it's like 20 bucks, and the unlimited regular data is indeed unlimited.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Release date of the Droid X is July 15th, but I don't see any word on pre-orders. Will also come with the ability for WiFi hotspot for 2GB a month it's like 20 bucks, and the unlimited regular data is indeed unlimited.

What a bargain! :D

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talk time is listed at 8 hours compared to the original Droid at 385 minutes....so battery life (1570ma) is expected to be better than the original Droid!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummed that there doesn't seem to be a pre-order date. Which means I'm going to try to order from Germany, but I will be in a class at 9am (3am east coast time). Hopefully either

a) by the time I go to lunch a few hours later there are still some left or

b) hopefully I can get a chance to call at say, 6am, which would be 12am on the 15th EST

In the end, it's just a phone, so I'm sure I will survive if it gets backordered even like a month or month and a half like the HTC DI.

More of a concern should be that VZW has supposedly notated in the account that I can get the early upgrade for a fee since my upgrade isn't in 2010...and hopefully they will give it to me so I don't have to buy it at full price.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talked to VZW today, they told me that there might be a pre-order starting the second or third of July, and to keep checking back on the website or give them a call.

Most reactions

Latest posts