What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN update access after jailbreak

twol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my IPAD2 last month successfully except that I can no longer change my previous VPN setup - it is still there (if I enable VPN it switches to previous VPN connection) but cannot setup a new VPN, you can either enable or disable VPN only.
Any way around this?????

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
VPN should be returned to a fully operable state after the Absinthe jailbreak. If yours is still showing the jailbreak configuration, it is a sign that the jailbreak did not complete successfully. It could be as trivial as just the cleanup operation at the end, however I don't know of any way to rectify it, other than a restore and re-jailbreak. Unfortunately, for you, that is not a possibility given your device and version of IOS. Don't know what else to suggest, sorry. :(

OP
T

twol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I appreciate the reply - everything works well (including the VPN) which fortunately changed 2 weeks before I used the jailbreak. I guess I will have to wait for a 5.1 jailbreak and hope that I will then get back the VPN.
In the meantime, it is not a big deal (unless my VPN changes!) but even then I only lose things like BBC iplayer and Sky app access

Most reactions

Latest posts