1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

VPN update access after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by twol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. twol

twol iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I jailbroke my IPAD2 last month successfully except that I can no longer change my previous VPN setup - it is still there (if I enable VPN it switches to previous VPN connection) but cannot setup a new VPN, you can either enable or disable VPN only.
    Any way around this?????
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    VPN should be returned to a fully operable state after the Absinthe jailbreak. If yours is still showing the jailbreak configuration, it is a sign that the jailbreak did not complete successfully. It could be as trivial as just the cleanup operation at the end, however I don't know of any way to rectify it, other than a restore and re-jailbreak. Unfortunately, for you, that is not a possibility given your device and version of IOS. Don't know what else to suggest, sorry. :(
  3. twol

twol iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I appreciate the reply - everything works well (including the VPN) which fortunately changed 2 weeks before I used the jailbreak. I guess I will have to wait for a 5.1 jailbreak and hope that I will then get back the VPN.
    In the meantime, it is not a big deal (unless my VPN changes!) but even then I only lose things like BBC iplayer and Sky app access