VPN update access after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by twol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. twol

twol iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I jailbroke my IPAD2 last month successfully except that I can no longer change my previous VPN setup - it is still there (if I enable VPN it switches to previous VPN connection) but cannot setup a new VPN, you can either enable or disable VPN only.
    Any way around this?????
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    VPN should be returned to a fully operable state after the Absinthe jailbreak. If yours is still showing the jailbreak configuration, it is a sign that the jailbreak did not complete successfully. It could be as trivial as just the cleanup operation at the end, however I don't know of any way to rectify it, other than a restore and re-jailbreak. Unfortunately, for you, that is not a possibility given your device and version of IOS. Don't know what else to suggest, sorry. :(
  3. twol

twol iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I appreciate the reply - everything works well (including the VPN) which fortunately changed 2 weeks before I used the jailbreak. I guess I will have to wait for a 5.1 jailbreak and hope that I will then get back the VPN.
    In the meantime, it is not a big deal (unless my VPN changes!) but even then I only lose things like BBC iplayer and Sky app access