What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voiceover speed problem

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPad 4 and am running ios 8.4. I'm finding Voiceover unuseable. Although I've downloaded the enhanced version of the uk voice, it reads so fast I can't even tell what it's saying. And setting the speed bar for voiceover doesn't appear to have any effect at all.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've finally solved the problem. I think there's a bug and the system wasn't moving away from the voice I'd selected, and that voice had a speed setting separate from the main slider! I found the separate setting for speed by selecting the "i" icon by the rotor voice settings and reset it from very high to much slower. It sounds fine now. No idea why it wouldn't let me even switch to one of the other voices all of which were set slower or override the high setting by the main slider....

Most reactions

Latest posts