What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes not recognising iPad under Windows 10

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just downloaded iTunes 12.2.1.16 (latest version) then upgraded to Windows 10.

Imagine my horror when iTunes no longer recognises my iPad Air 2 running IOS 8.4

A little black box is displayed by Windows asking what to do when the device is connected, but no mention of iTunes. Also iPad displays a trust/do not trust this computer.

Have tried everything I can think of, but no good.

Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Imagine my horror when iTunes no longer recognises my iPad Air 2 running IOS 8.4

A little black box is displayed by Windows asking what to do when the device is connected, but no mention of iTunes. Also iPad displays a trust/do not trust this computer.

Any thoughts ?

Try under Account, authorize this computer in Itunes

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Gtatler
Just letting you know that your similar post in the iTunes forum was deleted. Such duplication fragments the conversation, may cause confusion to members, and is against the Forum rules. Please read Rule 3.2.1 regarding that and in particular check Rule 3.5.1 which allows you to bump a post only after 48 hours.
You may not have seen the answer here about 10 minutes after your post. Has that helped?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Any thoughts ?

Since you've upgraded your PC your iPad thinks it's a different computer. The hardware may be the same, but the OS is different and that enough of a change to make it think that it's a different PC. So yes you have to tell the iPad to trust the PC again. I had to do this with mine to get it to work again.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Computer is authorised. Tapped the "trust this computer" on the iPad. Even deleted iTunes and re-installed from a fresh download (latest version). Also checked the apple mobile services starts automatically. Re-booted computer. Re-set the iPad. Googled for my problem and caries out all recommendations. One point. When the iPad is connected a strange window on Windows 10 is displayed offering to copy items from my iPhone (which I have not got), but it also says the iPad is connected and shows the storage amount used and free, so 10 is definitely recognising the iPad, but iTunes is not. I'm tearing my hair out - and I have not got any to spare. PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ?

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have also checked Apple forums and see others have a similar problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's probably a compatibility problem between iTunes and Windows 10.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately major upgrades can cause issues. Win 10 has driver problems for some models of PC mainly toshiba however I have not tested iTunes on our displays where I work. I
and as it has only been released in past week it is hard for us to respond. I agree about compatibility issues. I will test out iTunes tomorrow but in mean time look for other users with issues. I would try another USB port just to be sure.

Last edited:
OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Col.bris ------- you are a star. Worked for me. Many, many, many thanks.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Col.bris ------- you are a star. Worked for me. Many, many, many thanks.

Thanks for letting us know that your problem has been resolved. Just out of curiosity what make and model PC do you have? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and didn't have any issues other than having to trust the PC again.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rasmith1959. I have an HP-DEC-2010. A few years old I'm afraid.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are welcome. That is why I enjoy being here in this forum. It keeps my 71 year old brain active. Lol[emoji12]

Colin administrator Down under Brisbane
Australia

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome. That is why I enjoy being here in this forum. It keeps my 71 year old brain active. Lol[emoji12]

Colin administrator Down under Brisbane
Australia

Mine too. Same age. In the UK.

Most reactions

Latest posts