What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing pictures without importing from sdhc card

Winam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rene-photography.de
Hey folks,
i have an iPad 2, a camera connection kit and an sdhc card for my canon eos camera. My question is: how can i view my pictures on my ipad without copieng them to my ipad?

I want to plugin the card and view the pictures in fullscreen, like the local ones, and maybe delete some. After plugingin the camera connection kit and the sdhc card a new window appears to select the images i want to import, but i don't want to import them.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winam said:
Hey folks,
i have an iPad 2, a camera connection kit and an sdhc card for my canon eos camera. My question is: how can i view my pictures on my ipad without copieng them to my ipad?

I want to plugin the card and view the pictures in fullscreen, like the local ones, and maybe delete some. After plugingin the camera connection kit and the sdhc card a new window appears to select the images i want to import, but i don't want to import them.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

I use the cck, and no you can't view unless you import.
I import, view, and then delete, make sure photo stream is off as it will send to your other devices.
That's the only way I can see from the card, and it doesn't delete from the card unless you say so.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can do this using an Air Stash A02. I'm doing it right now...just insert the SD card into the Air Stash...turn it on...connect your iPad to its wifi signal, then you can go through the pics one by one...now it is downloading them, but they are not stored on the iPad.

I know the Air Stash costs a lot more than the CCK, but you get a lot more power in terms of what you can do with it.

fy0406

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the CCK but my new iPad is shipping so can't say for sure but I think you can only view thumbnails until you import the photos to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts