What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video won't play via ASP.NET or Coldfusion

Ravuus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

This may not be the right place for it however I'm having trouble playing video via safari through ASP.net or Coldfusion. The video won't stream for some reason. If I put the file on the server and link directly to the file it will work so something it hindering it.

I'm sorry if this is vague but that's all I have right now.

thought?

thanks,
Joel.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you need to give more information.

for one, ASP.NET is just what serves web content from the server side and has nothing to do with how the end devise views/displays it.
and ColdFusion is an adobe product and uses flash. The iPad does not do flash content, and you should try to move away from flash. By using flash you are in turn making your users need to run flash on their computers giving them a serious security risk and being vulnerable to the plethora of flash player vulnerabilities.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ravuus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, so...

Coldfusion is a web application language and does not use flash specifically just like PHP or ASP does not use flash specifically, flash is flash you can choose to use it, or not.

I'm serving up both CF and ASP.NET pages in my environment, those are the languages I'm using for my work. the iPad will show the movie if I link directly to the movie and not have it served up by CF or ASP...that is my problem, that is what I'm trying to figure out, what is it about streaming through those environments that's not allowing the iPad to show it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you got to be a little more specific. There is not just one way of doing it.
can you provide a link?

could you not use the HTML5 <video> tags?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts