What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video is Looping

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what I did... but all of my videos in the default "Video" app are all looping. When they reach the end they just go right back to the beginning and start over. At first it was just a harmless curiosity, but it's not going away and it's starting to get really annoying.

I'm also doubly worried now because I looked it up and found out that apparently... iPads aren't supposed to be able to loop like this. There's no way to turn this feature on or off that I've been able to find. Can anyone help me figure out just what is going on?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe when you ripped and encoded them for the iPad, the encoding software had an option to loop the video and it was turned on? All the videos I have encoded play thru and stop.

OP
Philippe

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They didn't used to do this though... all the videos I had played normally until a couple of weeks ago. And now, like if I'd just flipped a feature on, they all loop.

Though I will admit most of them are ripped... Could one bad file affect all of the others like this?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I can think to do it a reset and see it that helps. Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

jeffmdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vids looping

I have the same problem.

It may have started when I downloaded the updated OS.

I don't believe its connected to the conversion of the vids to mp4 because the looping started way afterwards.

Anybody out there got any suggestions?

OP
Philippe

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had forgotten all about this thread, lol. I wound up finding the problem, in the old version (I think it was 4.2) there was a bug that caused the videos in the default "Videos" app to loop if you left the shuffle feature on in the iPod app. Turning off the shuffle removed the looping.

Since 4.3 came out though, this bug has been fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts