What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video file location

helob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where does iPad store video file that show up when video app is launched?
I asked because i want to add video file without using itune on a jailbroken iPad.
I have look into the root and sub directories and fail to file the video file (m4v) that show up when video app is launched:mad:.
TQ

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Media >> Photos >> Videos >> and down down down into subfolders. The first is the year. I'm guessing it's month then day after that. Creation date maybe.

You don't need to jailbreak to get to these, iPhone Explorer works fine.

OP
H

helob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Media >> Photos >> Videos >> and down down down into subfolders. The first is the year. I'm guessing it's month then day after that. Creation date maybe.

You don't need to jailbreak to get to these, iPhone Explorer works fine.

TQ for the info.
Couldn't find Videos under 'Photos' directory.
There are 3 directories which contain 'Videos' folder
1./User/Media/PhotoData 2./Var/mobile/media/photodata 3./private
/var/mobile/media/photodata
However all the 3 'Videos' folders are empty:mad:.

I am using iFunbox and using the search file feature, I manage to find the 2 m4v files that I transfer to iPad through iTune:).
There are located at /var/mobile/media/itunes_control/music/Fxx and /private/var/mobile/media/itunes_control/music/Fxx
The Folders are number F00 to F49. Not sure the significant and how itune assign the Folder number.
If manually add m4v file without itune, how to determine what folder to use:confused:?
Any inputs would be much appreciated.
TQ and Have a nice day

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to Jailbreak to get into those folders. I'm not, so I can't really help past what I've already said.

swannking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem finding my video file. Instead of using the actual file name, I search using the file extension mp4 and found that the file name had been changed and saved in the directory you mention.

Most reactions

Latest posts