Video Dummy

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Alex101, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea at all about video but have a couple of clips I recorded recently on my iPad4 64GB. I have downloaded iOS8 and I know I need a video editor software, but which one. The more idiot proof the better.

I use a Wndows 7 ultimate PC and would like to use my twin monitors to help with editing if thats possile rather than try and edit on the iPad. Any help would be appreciated.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you considered Apple's iMovie video editing app? It does a very good job for a basic video editing app. It's free for newer qualifying devices. For older devices it's $4.99.

3. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How do I then use that on my PC please?

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know, it's only available for the iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac computers. You could install iMovie on your iPad and do the editing right on the iPad.

5. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, but that is clear. I would like to edit on a larger screen, so prefer editing on my PC if possible.

Is there anyone else who can perhaps shed more light on this question please, or is this not a possibility with i-movie, or a simple 'idiot proof' purchased App that would work on both?

6. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I believe Windows comes with Windows Movie Maker (if they still call it that). That should do the trick for basic editing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for that. I found it (Windows Essentials 2012) and downloaded, but it has loads of other programs on it as well that I don't want, so I uninstalled it. Is there any other 'simple' movie maker program I could consider please.

8. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Nothing I can recommend, many other editing programs cost $$$ - you could google free video editing programs for more options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Many thanks. I have now downloaded iMovie on my iPad and paid a small charge. I'll see how I get on with it. Although I have had my iPad some time, I haven't really done mutch with the movie part of it, just shot about 4 clips, but want to do more. Looking for a suitable iPad holder thta I can put on my tripod, which will probably be on my Chrstmas list.

Chers guys.

10. Alex101

Alex101
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Feeling ripped off. Downloaded imovie last night and looked at it today. It looked different from what I had found on my PC on how to use iMovie, which was version 11. I have downloaded version 2.1.1. which seemsold.
    How is someone supposed to know that there are several versions when they are not really 'with it' as far as computer programs and Apps?

Can anyone please tell me what I should be looking for on the iPad APP selection as there are loads of movie apps and I am completly confused and fed up