What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very annoyed with iTunes!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again. So does not play well with others.:mad:

For some reason my daughter's account, name, ID everything is showing up on my iPad!

Every time I try to purchase or get an app ~

Why? So I was thinkin that she was the last one to access iTunes on my computer here ~ and she was so I signed her out and me in.

She is still on my iPad, guys! And I have never had to sign her out before on my computer ~ why all of a sudden.

Help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened, but you should be able to scroll to the bottom of the App Store page (Feature Tab) and tap on her account name and sign out. Then sign yourself back in, same place. Better check iTunes and the iBooks store too, and change if necessary.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Launch iTunes on iPad select music tab scroll to bottom of page where account info is. Sign out from daughters account then sign in with your account using existing. And then you can purchase music or apps Under your name super Marie

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol Im with you Marie! I still cant figure out my problems. speaking of which Im going to check back on my thread. see if someone have some new suggestions for me ;)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened, but you should be able to scroll to the bottom of the App Store page (Feature Tab) and tap on her account name and sign out. Then sign yourself back in, same place. Better check iTunes and the iBooks store too, and change if necessary.

That worked! Thanks, Poet. I always forget that part.:eek:

And then you can purchase music or apps Under your name super Marie

LOL! It did work, Colin ~ Thank you!

lol Im with you Marie! I still cant figure out my problems. speaking of which Im going to check back on my thread. see if someone have some new suggestions for me ;)

Still don't like iTunes, Joy. It is possessed and has a mind of it's own! I hope you figure out your problems!

If not ~ there is always revenge, Joy.:D

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good for you marie! My problem is a lot more complicated, no one seems to know the reason why. it's a new problem everytime lol

Reaction score
The reason why your daugher's iTunes account shows up on your iPad is, because the iTunes on your desktop is activated with both her and your Apple ID. Any Apple ID, which is authorized on iTunes will sync over onto the associated iOS device.

As a result, the iPad can play media purchased from either account. In general, there is no harm done in having an iPad play media purchased from multiple accounts, as you can always switch between the accounts on your account, which you have already found it.

The only way of removing this second account completely from your iPad would be to deauthorize your daughter's account from iTunes on your desktop and create a different Windows account, or iTunes library for your daughter. However, there is not much to be gained from doing this, so it may be easiest to just leave things the way they currently are.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason why your daugher's iTunes account shows up on your iPad is, because the iTunes on your desktop is activated with both her and your Apple ID. Any Apple ID, which is authorized on iTunes will sync over onto the associated iOS device.

As a result, the iPad can play media purchased from either account. In general, there is no harm done in having an iPad play media purchased from multiple accounts, as you can always switch between the accounts on your account, which you have already found it.

The only way of removing this second account completely from your iPad would be to deauthorize your daughter's account from iTunes on your desktop and create a different Windows account, or iTunes library for your daughter. However, there is not much to be gained from doing this, so it may be easiest to just leave things the way they currently are.

But I have had my iPad almost a year, DUMI, and she is always the last one, if not the only one, that plays in iTunes on the computer.

Why all of a sudden is she on my iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts