What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Mount Options

lawdog711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need/want to mount my ipad four with case in my vehicle (2012 Ford F350).
I am interested in a passenger side floor mount, but I do not think the flexable arm would be very steady.
I want to be able to swing it away from the console for access.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Could you steer me in the right direction?
Thanks

dstevens7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lwdod711,
I purchased a Ram Mount fro my 2014 Jeep Patriot. I am a coal mine inspector, while mine doesn't carry a iPad it does carry a laptop with a 15.1" Screen. Installation was simple you unscrew the two front seat bolts position the mount over the holes and reinsert the bolts. Then you insert the leg, mine has a built in spring and the end is wedged shapes so the more you tighten it the less it moves, then there is a ball joint that slips on the leg, this lets the platform articulate from over away from you to where if you loosen the handle om the top you can pull it over to the drivers seat. A lot of my driving is off road and it barley shakes. It is a strong mount took about 1/2 hour to install without drilling any holes. Just give them the year and model of what you are putting it in and it a snap. I wonder now how I got along without it. I got a two plug 110 volt inverter with USB, it plugs into the dc port I think it was 78.00 I can plug my laptop, printer and charge my cell phone all at the same time, My computer has bluetooth and I have a bluetooth printer so no wires it all works good. The mount is a little pricey but it's not flemsy, quality construction all the way, the deck that the laptop, tablet is spring loaded so it will take several sizes. It doesn't however like a computer with a 17.3" screen dont think it ewas made for something that big. This is where mine came from great dealer Apple iPad Holders & Mounts hope this helps.
David

Most reactions