What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy mount idea for 2012 Hyundai Accent

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 2012 Hyundai Accent stereo has an iPod connector. This allows me to access all the music on my iPad as well as being able to scroll through, and choose songs using the stereo steering wheel controls.

I was looking for a way to mount the iPad without using any hardware. I have the iPad I with the original OEM Apple cover. It covers the face and then folds back and tucks behind the iPad when I'm using it. I discovered that I could fold back the cover and put the crease where it folds on the top lip of the glove compartment. With the compartment closed, the cover is in the glove compartment and the iPad hangs outside. It holds it securely, but doesn't pinch. (This should also work with the iPad II and New iPad covers).

This arrangement allows the iPod connector cable to easily stretch between the iPad and the socket in the middle of the console.. The shot below shows how it's mounted.. (I have GPS Drive navigation app running). This method should work on other models.

Attachments

• hyun-ipad.jpg
    hyun-ipad.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,224

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that... My only advice would be to make sure it's not in a position to turn into a projectile if the air bag were to deploy right behind it. I don't know where they are in your car so I couldn't tell ya myself.

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good point.. The car has airbags all over.. They come out of the side pillars, the sides of the seats and the dash... It's one thing I'm cautious about. The passenger airbag comes out of the dash above the glove compartment, so the iPad won't fly if it is deployed.

Most reactions