What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using itunes card occasionally

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to uses iTunes card only a purchase or two then save it for next month ?

I would expect any additional activity to charge through my credit card.

I know how to put in card code for redemption. I just want one charge then hold off until the next month or so.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that it will use any available iTunes credit before using any linked credit card. I think that if your iTunes credit is less than the purchase amount it will then use the credit card before using the remaining iTunes credit.

Just FYI, iTunes credit (ie. gift cards) are a better way to go on several fronts. 1) allow you to remove your credit card details from your AppleID to reduce the chance of credit card fraud; 2) allow you to save money by shopping around for iTunes gift card deals at retailers, 20% off specials, 2 x $20 cards for $30, etc. It basically saves you money. Case in point, I was saving up to get Final Cut Pro for my Mac. I would just wait for the specials and jump in and buy a couple of cards each time, redeeming my cards and storing up the credit on my AppleID. By the time I had enough credit to make the purchase from the Mac App Store, I reckon I had saved my self at least $100 off the purchase price.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts