What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad to control iPhone

CowboyAryk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok very new to the forums here. Have done A LOT of research on the the topic and cant find any results.

I would like to use an iPad to remotely connect (lets say via bluetooth, or how ever else you think could work) to an iPhone so I could use the iPad as a "remote control" to make calls on my iphone but use the ipad as the dialer or to browse the address book. For example if I mounted the iPad in my car and wanted to use the big screen as an easy dialer for my iphone with maybe a bluetooth headset or bluetooth connection to my cars handsfree calling system. Does anyone think there is anyway possible to do this? maybe via a program like Real VNC connecting the two via wifi? I have no idea if this is even possible but i thought it would be an awesome idea. Maybe even use the ipad to view and send text messages via the iphone too!

I'd love to head your feedback on the idea.

OP
C

CowboyAryk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i've done more and more research, still cant find anything. Biggest thing i want to do is initiate a phone call (from my iphone) or send/receive text sent to my iphone but view/send from the ipad. Anyone?

SmartyJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok very new to the forums here. Have done A LOT of research on the the topic and cant find any results.

I would like to use an iPad to remotely connect (lets say via bluetooth, or how ever else you think could work) to an iPhone so I could use the iPad as a "remote control" to make calls on my iphone but use the ipad as the dialer or to browse the address book. For example if I mounted the iPad in my car and wanted to use the big screen as an easy dialer for my iphone with maybe a bluetooth headset or bluetooth connection to my cars handsfree calling system. Does anyone think there is anyway possible to do this? maybe via a program like Real VNC connecting the two via wifi? I have no idea if this is even possible but i thought it would be an awesome idea. Maybe even use the ipad to view and send text messages via the iphone too!

I'd love to head your feedback on the idea.
Can we take this offline? Email me. very intrigued! :ipad-peacock:

SmartyJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to post three replies to leave my email address. Email me at [Moderator edit: Removed personal e-mail address.] to discuss more.

Last edited by a moderator:

dpmic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am very interested to hear if anything like this currently exists for use in hospitals for visual impared patients in Australia

Please let me know if you have any news

Regards

J

Jopernikus

Just got the same idea today.
Did a Google and landed here.
Maybe writing an app using bluetooth might work. Since Bluetooth integrates into the call handling on the iphone.
Or maybe build a separate gadget for handling iphone calls with a large screen.
Hmmm.. interesting

NoiseDamaged

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want

This is a really interesting topic that I have wondered about for a while. It doesn't seem like that complicated of an idea. Where are the developers at? Let's get a VNC app to control iOS with iOS.

Phinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here!

Just got the same idea today.
Did a Google and landed here.
Maybe writing an app using bluetooth might work. Since Bluetooth integrates into the call handling on the iphone.
Or maybe build a separate gadget for handling iphone calls with a large screen.
Hmmm.. interesting

Same here...meant to Be I suppose...eventually they'd take it a step further and allow Retinapad to constantly upgrade the view at almost full screen. What a beautiful thing that will be. Any updates? Find anything?

generalkhaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
God i dislike registering on these boards just to post one reply lol.

Sounds like you guys want veency server for iPhone, check it out.

Edit* oops I never did try making a call with veency when I tried it last year, I'm sure this info will come from a simple googlé.

I only ever used it to remote my iPod app when having a bath LOL super lazy, I know.

Last edited:

Redman333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
God i dislike registering on these boards just to post one reply lol.

Sounds like you guys want veency server for iPhone, check it out.

Edit* oops I never did try making a call with veency when I tried it last year, I'm sure this info will come from a simple googlé.

I only ever used it to remote my iPod app when having a bath LOL super lazy, I know.
This only allows access from a computer though right. What about through the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts