What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i have multiple simultaneous bluetooth connections?

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 that I tether to my iPhone via bluetooth for internet access.
I also want to be able to connect the iPad to my car via bluetooth (A2DP) so I can listen to Pandora while I drive.

I suppose I could just connect the phone to the car and use Pandora on that, but I also use Navigon on the iPad and it would be great if all the audio was coming from the iPad and the phone was just providing internet for the iPad.

I'm just not sure if bluetooth today can have multiple connections. I know several years in the past it was not possible, but perhaps today it is.

Thanks!

OP
R

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just occurs to me I can just tether via wifi rather than bluetooth.

OP
R

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
already explained in my original post why i didnt want to do that, but i'm good i think. i've been using the trial version of PDAnet, I'll just pick up that or MyWi for my upcoming road trip.

OP
R

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oops. just spent $25 on mywi with ondemand, and the ondemand part uses bluetooth :).

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oops. just spent $25 on mywi with ondemand, and the ondemand part uses bluetooth :).

Why not use the wifi aspect of mywi? Much faster transfer speed than Bluetooth.

I use mywi wifi all the time with my wifi only iPad tether to iphone3g while browsing when on breaks at work.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

I use mywi wifi all the time with my wifi only iPad tether to iphone3g while browsing when on breaks at work.

But at the same time bluetooth burns way less battery.

OP
R

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's what I'll end up doing assuming two bluetooth connections don't work. The on-demand thing is slick though. As far as battery, the primary use will be in the car for a 1000 mile road trip and both devices will be plugged in.

OP
R

rawbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW, bluetooth worked to connect via mywi ondemand while also connected to my car. So it actually did connect to two different devices at once and did what I hoped for. (2011 Honda Odyssey in case anyone with an Odyssey comes across this post in the future).

hector361

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can receive sound though both bluetooth headsets at once with the use of 2 adapters.

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts