What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Dropbox

lanceh5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using an iPad and the app DropBox. I uploaded a file from the iPad to DropBox and want to delete it using the iPad. There is no method in the app to do this that I can find.

JustinOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In dropbox, when you have your list of files open, press the edit button that appears above them, it will then put minus symbols next to all of the files, press that symbol to delete the file that you want to delete.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or, swipe from left to right on the file itself and a delete option will pop up on the right.

cocod2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some told me about dropbox
could you explain it to me
i have the app for it
thanx

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It awesome , I'm going to travel soon and have passport ,insurance, etickets,hotel reservations ...on my iPad. Just in case....It can be viewed even when not online. Better be safe than sorry ;-)))
Dropbox explains all very well

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Evernote a lot, but haven't used dropbox yet. I think it's more for files then info like Evernote is.

RDEngineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cocod2 said:
some told me about dropbox
could you explain it to me
i have the app for it
thanx

I love dropbox. I have been using it for years. It is a program that you install on any computer/operating system you have and it keeps them all in sync. It puts a folder on your computer and anything you put into the folder is auto synced to an online server and then synced to any computer with your dropbox account.

It is handy on the iPad because you have all of your files with you where you go. If you don't have 3G on your iPad (I don't), then you can save your favorite files.

The best part is that it makes syncing things like notes really easy. I can take notes on my iPad, iPhone, or computer and keep them all in sync.

I certainly do not work for Dropbox, but I am a big fan because they have made my life much easier. Just my 2 cents.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RDEngineer said:
I love dropbox. I have been using it for years. It is a program that you install on any computer/operating system you have and it keeps them all in sync. It puts a folder on your computer and anything you put into the folder is auto synced to an online server and then synced to any computer with your dropbox account.

It is handy on the iPad because you have all of your files with you where you go. If you don't have 3G on your iPad (I don't), then you can save your favorite files.

The best part is that it makes syncing things like notes really easy. I can take notes on my iPad, iPhone, or computer and keep them all in sync.

I certainly do not work for Dropbox, but I am a big fan because they have made my life much easier. Just my 2 cents.

What note app on the iPad do you use that syncs with Dropbox ? I would love to know !
I know how to get things into Dropbox via my MBP but not the other way around ....

RDEngineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yptcn said:
What note app on the iPad do you use that syncs with Dropbox ? I would love to know !
I know how to get things into Dropbox via my MBP but not the other way around ....

I have used a couple of different note apps. I really can't seem to get one that I just love, but I have settled with a couple. I started using an app called "TrunkNotes." It is a hand app for taking notes quickly in markdown syntax and you can even do very simple tables, but I had some issues with formatting and got tired of using markdown syntax. It was a nice app though because it allowed for quick searching, exporting to PDF, and emailing.

Lately, I have settled with using Pages for my notes. This is slightly tricky because I made my own templates for notes that matches my style and requirements for work. Then I put those templates in my Dropbox and I open them using the Dropbox app on the iPad. From Dropbox, I open the template using Pages. When I am done with a meeting, I email the note to myself and file it in my Dropbox location. The only reason I go through this hassle is because Pages has given me the most flexibility with formatting and creating my own templates for different projects.

There are note forums within iPF, maybe you could look though them and try to find a note app that works for you. It has certainly been a struggle for me. I find this odd because an iPad should be the perfect tool for note taking, but it seems it just isn't so.

Thanks,

Brad

Most reactions

Latest posts