What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA ipad in UK

rootmanroot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am getting a 16 GB wifi ipad 3 from the US, would love some feedback on whether it will work with no problems over here in the UK, any differences etc or fixes if there are problems etc.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rootmanroot said:
Hi I am getting a 16 GB wifi ipad 3 from the US, would love some feedback on whether it will work with no problems over here in the UK, any differences etc or fixes if there are problems etc.

It will work. The charger won't, out of the box of course.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you pick up the 4G maybe those features won't work either but I can't be sure.

Sent from my iPad 2

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just pinched this from another site. It may prove useful.

"With the iPad 2, many people are sure to be excited that Apple is offering both AT&T and Verizon versions of the iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. After all, many out there bemoan the less than desirable 3G service offered by AT&T, so it's nice that those people can buy an iPad 2 which allows them to opt for Verizon's 3G service. However, if you are a frequent international traveler like me, you'll want to make sure you buy the AT&T version of the iPad 2.

While you can buy any iPad 2 and use it on Wi-Fi networks when you land in a specific country, you won't be able to buy a data plan in most countries if you have the Verizon iPad 2. The reason for this is simple: the AT&T iPad 2 features a GSM chipset, which is the near-universal global standard. The Verizon iPad 2 3G uses a CDMA chipset, which, globally, is nowhere near as universal as GSM."

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad 3 has the same GSM 3G specs in both the AT&T and Verizon models. Only the new LTE and service is different.

OH, and the Verizon model has CDMA 3G, of course.

But my point is that both models are world ready.

Since the OP was asking about a wi-fi only model, none of this really maters. It will work fine almost anywhere. Though, as celly mentions, the charger will need an AC plug adaptor.

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my iPad 2 AT&T edition worked flawlessly in the UK. The new iPad should do the same so don't worry.

is there a AT&T Logo that comes engraved on the iPad if someone gets a AT&T version iPad from the U.S ? I would most certainly not like to have a AT&T logo if I am getting a iPad from the U.S, kind of spoils the look for me !

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a AT&T Logo that comes engraved on the iPad if someone gets a AT&T version iPad from the U.S ? I would most certainly not like to have a AT&T logo if I am getting a iPad from the U.S, kind of spoils the look for me !

There's no logo.

jrg9139

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad in UK

I have an iPad bought in USA. Exactly the same as the UK version.
Charger is a US 2 pin. Just buy a shaver adaptor in Asda for £1 then no problems.
Saved a lot too boot!

Most reactions

Latest posts