Ur first day experience getting an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Sweetchinmusic, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Sweetchinmusic

Sweetchinmusic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got the ipad 3 the day it came out, and It was horrible. best buy had a long line with just two Cash register opened,They opened the line 30 min late,as he said "we're setting up" mind you the store opened 10:00am and they opened the line at 10:30. They should have gotten ready at 9 or 9:30, to top it off they let 3 people at a time go, to a near 3 tables so they can sell u items such as case or itv or best buy warranty then they had a guy giving a speech about iPad and how it worked and once u make ur way around those tables you finally hit the register. It was a long zig zag line, you couldnt avoid it. It was like an animal butcher line...anyways how was ur experience?

#1 Sweetchinmusic, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Project37

Project37
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I went to Future Shop at 8:30am and there was no lineup at all. I was in and out in 15 minutes. To make it even better I had a coupon for $100 off any purchase of $500 or more so I was able to get the new iPad cheaper than the Apple
    Store. :)

3. armoredsaint

armoredsaint
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    sweet ipod 3!!!

4. Sweetchinmusic

Sweetchinmusic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't do it again though, it was unprofessional, they had week to get ready and they had two register... I usually order my items online but I did have a good time talking with those in line...

5. Sweetchinmusic

Sweetchinmusic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    lol the lady next to me had $150 off...

6. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's interesting about everybody's experience on the first day of sales. I also went to Bestbuy at lunch time just to see what it would be like-and it was pretty quiet. Yes, there were some customers-but nothing that others were talking about. Maybe the crowds were there earlier in the morning and I just missed the rush.

Also-Project-lucky you for having a $100 coupon! That makes it even a sweeter deal!

7. Sweetchinmusic

Sweetchinmusic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i would have went at lunch but I didn't think ppl were going to get it seeing that most people already have iPad 2 so in my mind I got up early thinking no body was going to be inline, I was in shock. Lol To top it off I have line rage (similar to road rage) I hate waiting in line, I actually thought about walking off few times.
    Lol watch this comic stand up video, he talks about some of the line rage I go through @ 13:20

#7 Sweetchinmusic, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  8. mandapandalove

mandapandalove
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I didn't wait in line since I got it after launch. Which was just two days ago. There was a shortage in my area. So I had to travel about a hour away to a apple store to get the model I wanted for Ipad 3.

9. kanyewesttx

kanyewesttx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    morning after release, walked into Target and walked out 3 minutes later with a NEW ipad

10. Lyndon23

Lyndon23
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Brief summary of my new ipad experience: New ipad delivered on Launch day - very excited as I opened it and switched it on - Dumb-struck at the definition on the new screen - plugged in to charge and sync, loaded Sketchpad Pro (the main app I use). Wiped away some dust off display, it won't seem to wipe off - Heart beating faster as I realise there are 3 dead pixels - Call Apple to return/replace - A Few days pass - new iPad replacement delivered - Switch it on - setup and check screen - Yeah! Only 2 dead pixels on this one. Call Apple, Awaiting replacement number 3... ...to be continued.