1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by biometrix, Jul 7, 2011.

1. biometrix

biometrix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I have an ipad2 that says it's at 4.3(8F191). Tried to update it to 4.3.3 so I can use the JB that came out. Tried to update it a couple of times and it says fail? What's up with that? So I went ahead and did the JB and for now it seems to work fine. My issue is that my iPad seems to like to stay at 4.3. Btw, my pc crashed and my iTunes with it. So I had to reinstall everything. Now when I sync... It says update available (iTunes is up to date) for the pad and it takes firever to update only to get an error msg at the end saying can't update or something... Help pls.... Thanks
  2. biometrix

biometrix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw, I was reading some of the post on this forum and people who have same problems sync'ing were advice to do a reset. Is this like reset the pad to factory or just turn off and on again using power button? I tried the latter (restarting) and I get the same 4.3 result ....
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Well, the second question I can answer.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

And one suggestion. If you are not doing so, choose the download only option when updating the iPad. Things work more smoothly if the update is completely downloaded before starting the actual upgrade.
  4. biometrix

biometrix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya ok.. Good advice.. Will dl the upgrade first and install it to the pad after its dl'ed