What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading apps

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This afternoon I connected my ad to my computer using the USB. When it was up grading
It said that my aim and my comcast xfinity could't be upgraded,so I just clicked okay. When
I clicked onto those apps, I could't use them I had to delete them and then. Put
Them in again? Will this keep happening everytime I upgrade my iPad?
Also how do I find the posts, I posted to this board? After awhile I can't find them.

Thanks for your help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Quick Links', 'Subscribed Threads' will show you the threads that you have posted to. I haven't experienced the other problem that you mention, so I'll leave it to other members to advise.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know. I always go to the App Store on the iPad and upgrade from there. Every once in a while I'll select the Apps library on the computer and upgrade those too. But that usually only takes care of the apps I've removed from the iPad (and or iPhone) but have not deleted from the library (I'm a pack rat) because I 'might' want them again.

I'm hesitant to even try it the other way.

Is there a reason you need to do it this way? If so, I suppose I can experiment the next time one of my apps needs an update. That's almost never more than a day or two down the road.

Reaction score
Assuming the ipad's drive isn't full, upgrading apps through iTunes and then syncing them should work.

I do that every week, because one iPad get's used more then the other, so I only update the one and main use and then every one in a while connect the other one to iTunes to update as well. So far without any problems.

Reasons for doing so would be that the apps only have to be downloaded once and well, updating large apps is usually faster on a desktop, as the download speed is faster, given a fiber-optics inet connection.

Do both your desktop and iPad have free space?

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Assuming the ipad's drive isn't full, upgrading apps through iTunes and then syncing them should work.

I do that every week, because one iPad get's used more then the other, so I only update the one and main use and then every one in a while connect the other one to iTunes to update as well. So far without any problems.

Reasons for doing so would be that the apps only have to be downloaded once and well, updating large apps is usually faster on a desktop, as the download speed is faster, given a fiber-optics inet connection.

Do both your desktop and iPad have free space?
Thanks all for answering. Yes, they both have free space. When I took a class at the Apple Store, we were told to hook the ipad to the usb about once every two weeks, so that it will upgrade. It's a good thing I did, because I registered it online. I don't remember why it said that it couldn't uprade aim though.

Most reactions

Latest posts