Comcast Launches Video Streaming for iPad Via its Xfinity App

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 3, 2011.

By Maura on Feb 3, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Comcast today announced that the On Demand live-streaming feature of its Xfinity App for iPad is now live. This means that Comcast customers with the app can now watch many of their favourite TV shows and movies whenever they want and wherever they want.

This new feature is available as part of an updated version of the free Xfinity TV app, which Comcast subscribers can download from the App Store. Content that is now available completely free to Comcast customers On Demand includes output from such premium cable channels as HBO (True Blood), SHOWTIME (Dexter), Starz, Encore, Cinemax and MoviePlex. Comcast says that the selection available now is just the beginning, and customers can expect thousands more choices to be added for viewing via the iPad app in the weeks and months to come.

If you're a Comcast subscriber, click here to download the free app: XFINITY TV for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Comcast
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 3, 2011.

1. SweetPoison
      Well how cool is this I ask you? Thanks, Maura! I am all over this!
    2. Maura
      You're welcome!
    3. Demandarin
      This has been avalaible for at least a week or so now. I dont see any new update. I was already watching and streaming in the play now section. The on demand section still only shows summary of movies. Doesnt allow u to stream from on demand. Im a comcast customer also thats signed in to the app. Unless the update pops up later in itunes.
      Do u know exaxtly what version this is for the "on demand" streaming? Not the "play now" streaming.
    4. Demandarin
      I have version 1.1, which is the latest. They talking about the "play now" section. It wrks great. Already watched some tv episodes n movies on it. Im just mad i dont have the particular cable box to allow u to change channels on it :-( only certain boxes allow this.
    5. vqcommunications
      great news. is this version available in Asian countries
    6. SweetPoison
      Yeah. I was playing around with it last night too ~ tried to play a TV series show and it kept telling me " your selection will start in a few seconds" Then on my TV it said to get my remote and do something....

But I fell asleep.

I need to play more with it. Or just follow you and you can figure it all out.:D
    7. SweetPoison

I have that version too. I can change channels on my iPad ~ is that what you are talking about?

I am con.......fused. And I'm a sickie:(
    8. Brooklyn
      How do u change channels with the iPad
    9. Slazear
      How do I watch on demand from comcast on my iPad. I have downloaded xfinity app but can't watch anything