What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comcast Launches Video Streaming for iPad Via its Xfinity App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Xfinity_TV_PlayNow_iPad_Image.jpg

Comcast today announced that the On Demand live-streaming feature of its Xfinity App for iPad is now live. This means that Comcast customers with the app can now watch many of their favourite TV shows and movies whenever they want and wherever they want.

This new feature is available as part of an updated version of the free Xfinity TV app, which Comcast subscribers can download from the App Store. Content that is now available completely free to Comcast customers On Demand includes output from such premium cable channels as HBO (True Blood), SHOWTIME (Dexter), Starz, Encore, Cinemax and MoviePlex. Comcast says that the selection available now is just the beginning, and customers can expect thousands more choices to be added for viewing via the iPad app in the weeks and months to come.

"The Xfinity TV app with video streaming is part of our ongoing effort to deliver great entertainment experiences for our customers on all screens and devices,†said Matt Strauss, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Comcast Interactive Media. “We have an aggressive development plan to introduce even more features in the coming months that enable customers to more richly watch, control, and personalize their entertainment experience.â€

If you're a Comcast subscriber, click here to download the free app: XFINITY TV for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Comcast

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been avalaible for at least a week or so now. I dont see any new update. I was already watching and streaming in the play now section. The on demand section still only shows summary of movies. Doesnt allow u to stream from on demand. Im a comcast customer also thats signed in to the app. Unless the update pops up later in itunes.
Do u know exaxtly what version this is for the "on demand" streaming? Not the "play now" streaming.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have version 1.1, which is the latest. They talking about the "play now" section. It wrks great. Already watched some tv episodes n movies on it. Im just mad i dont have the particular cable box to allow u to change channels on it :-( only certain boxes allow this.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been avalaible for at least a week or so now. I dont see any new update. I was already watching and streaming in the play now section. The on demand section still only shows summary of movies. Doesnt allow u to stream from on demand. Im a comcast customer also thats signed in to the app. Unless the update pops up later in itunes.
Do u know exaxtly what version this is for the "on demand" streaming? Not the "play now" streaming.

Yeah. I was playing around with it last night too ~ tried to play a TV series show and it kept telling me " your selection will start in a few seconds" Then on my TV it said to get my remote and do something....

But I fell asleep.

I need to play more with it. Or just follow you and you can figure it all out.:D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have version 1.1, which is the latest. They talking about the "play now" section. It wrks great. Already watched some tv episodes n movies on it. Im just mad i dont have the particular cable box to allow u to change channels on it :-( only certain boxes allow this.

I have that version too. I can change channels on my iPad ~ is that what you are talking about?

I am con.......fused. And I'm a sickie:(

Brooklyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have that version too. I can change channels on my iPad ~ is that what you are talking about?

I am con.......fused. And I'm a sickie:(

How do u change channels with the iPad

Slazear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I watch on demand from comcast on my iPad. I have downloaded xfinity app but can't watch anything

Marcus.9907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's super simple u just have to set it up once you install the app. Your box has to be a dvr enabled box, once u sign in using your comcast I'd it'll find any box that is associated with your account (dvr box that is) ... Theres three menus that u can choose from, listings, on demand, and play now; to change the channel go to the list section and a screen that looks like a tv guide will appear, younsimply scroll or search for what you want push the button and bam the tv changes channel. You can also select on demand shows to play on your tv but you need to accept them using the main remote. Not sure why they did it this way but I think it's so you can accept the chargers (if there are ne) by using your remote. The play now library is real cool but only premium channels and some random channels on it only, wish u could watch anything that is on the on demand menu on your iPad....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I'm installing the new update now. That's why I like this forum, I always get the heads up on cool stuff ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts