What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade Problems

Sublime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but i can't find it.
I have an iPad 3, Model A1430 which is jailbroken and still on 5.1.1. I'm having problems restoring it back, with the intention of upgrading to latest ios and re-jailbreaking. I can't get it to upgrade to 6.1.2 and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

J

OP
S

Sublime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but that is the tutorial i've been using with no success. I'll do it again so i can report the errors i get.
Regards

J

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are having problems with the tutorial I'd suggest posting the issue in that thread as one of our Jailbreaking guru's will no doubt be able to assist.

The Archangel

OP
S

Sublime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having had 3014 and 3194 errors constantly, despite following the tutorials, different computer/lead, editing host files disabling antivirus etc. Am i right in in saying i can't restore to 6.1.2 now as Apple aren't signing it any more?
Is there another way to restore to 6.1.2?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having had 3014 and 3194 errors constantly, despite following the tutorials, different computer/lead, editing host files disabling antivirus etc. Am i right in in saying i can't restore to 6.1.2 now as Apple aren't signing it any more?
Is there another way to restore to 6.1.2?

No, sorry, you are completely out of luck now that 6.1.3 is out and Apple has stopped signing 6.1.2. We have been warning for many weeks that this was going to happen, but unfortunately you left it too late to fix your problems.
There is no way to get your device updated to that firmware now (or any jailbreakable 6.x firmware). Hopefully, if the restore has failed cleanly, you can stick with 5.1.1. If you have saved blobs for 5.1.1 and it is still installed, you can use redsn0w to do a clean install of 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak that. We have a guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

If not, you will be forced to go to stock 6.1.3 install and live without the JB for a while (maybe a long while :()

Good luck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts