What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 JB at 6.1 any point upgrading to 6.1.2?

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently have iPad2 jailbroken with Evasion on iOS 6.1 and was wondering if there is any point of upgrading to 6.1.2 while I can or should I leave well enough alone?

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently have iPad2 jailbroken with Evasion on iOS 6.1 and was wondering if there is any point of upgrading to 6.1.2 while I can or should I leave well enough alone?

If well enough is good enough then leave well enough alone and that will be good enough ;-)

A little more seriously, people here can not tell you if you should update your software. The benefits are having the latest software with the latest fixes from Apple. The risk is that you will soon realize you want the latest software but you will be unable to get it because the signing window will have closed and there is no jailbreak for whatever firmware is available when you make the decision. I see no reason not to update while you still can.

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would believe that 6.1.2 runs faster with fewer glitches but I could be wrong, although cydia seems to work better on my 6.1.2 ipad vs my 6.1.1 ipad

OP
S

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for you. I just asked about this in the ipad 2 forum. When you updated your ipad 2 from ios 5 to ios 6, how was the performance? Did you see any decreases? I have seen some things online suggesting when people updated from ios 5 to ios 6, their ipad 2 was a lot slower. I'm trying to see if I should update my ipad 2 as well.

Thoughts?

I updated from 5.1.1 to 6.1 and one problem I had was I could not get the ipw to upgrade properly via normal means even after using DFU. I wound up having to use RedSnow to apply the .IPW file to get the ipad to 6.1. I haven't had any problems with apps themselves.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it's running just fine, why upgrade? There's no stereotyping of "oh you're on iOS 6.1, you're behind. 6.1.2's the best". If it works for you, stay with it. Personally, I recommend not upgrading your iOS until you have to for compatibility reasons or if your device is having problems. You don't have to keep up with the latest iOS unless it fixes a problem you're experiencing on your device. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Most reactions

Latest posts