What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade ios

uvmshell51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old iPad . Some of the newer apps require a newer iOS . Can I do an upgrade? If so, how?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...I am assuming when you say "old" you are referring to the iPad 1? Due to the hardware limitations of the iPad 1 compared to the other current iPad models, the current update version will be iOS 5.1.1.

If you haven't updated your iTunes on your Computer, make sure you do so, before connecting your iPad to do the update. Recent update is to ITunes 11.

Also, I am posting this thread link. This was made about a year ago when IOS 5 was released and may still be useful for you:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Good luck!

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just buy new ipad with new os and you can transfer all your apps and data so easy :ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions

Latest posts