What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 3 and iOS 6...

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will my new iPad 3 running iOS 5 be able to upgrade to the new iOS 6 when released? Or will the new iPad 3 users have to invest in yet another newer iPad to get the advantages of the new iOS 6 system?

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will most certainly be able to upgrade to iOS 6. No need for a new new iPad.

OP
iZicle

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great news. I just invested $1000 bucks in my new one! :)

Sent from my iPad 3 v5.1.1

arnoldkim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rollmid.com
hey....
I have to use android operating system in my ipad and enjoy various apps from the worldwide stores.....I access CC website from my android phone using the internet. I made a shortcut on my phone home page and click on it and I'm at CC Allows me to access it anytime I want.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey....
I have to use android operating system in my ipad and enjoy various apps from the worldwide stores.....I access CC website from my android phone using the internet. I made a shortcut on my phone home page and click on it and I'm at CC Allows me to access it anytime I want.

...android operating system on your iPad? iPad only runs on it own operating system platform.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hey....

Huh?

OP
iZicle

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arnoldkim said:
hey....

The iPad only runs the iOS. There is no possible way to make n iPad run on any android version OS. The group I'm involved with have been experimenting for the last 3 years with all kinds of android crossover systems and software to use and format with the iPads. I have to truthfully say that what your saying here is either mistaking or bogus! No offense intended :)

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Per the original subject, Apple does not do things like Android. Any device will be able to upgrade until it is past the rated service life of the device. Even then, it will still be supported. However, some features will not be available on older devices. For example, the original iPad was left out on several functions that depended on the cameras, but still was upgradable through iOS 5. We do not know what the status of iOS 6 will be on the original iPad. The iPad 2 will not be able to take advantage of Siri on iOS 6, but will gain FaceTime on cellular, and probably most of the other features. We will learn more in the next 3-4 months, and as we do, you will hear it here as it comes out.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The original iPad will not be support iOS 6, and not available for the upgrade. I'll be holding out for iPad 4.

☮ ♥ 

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlucky me i bought ipad 2 just two months before the launch if ipad 3/ the new ipad.

Now please tell me clearly will my ipad support siri or not?

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google introduced its latest mobile operating system iOS 6. Apple iOS 6 beta 2 is also available on the iPad 3 and according to this update system performance will be increase. Apple iOS 6 beta 2 update include software and application update and 3G toggle.

OP
iZicle

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adyhooper said:
Google introduced its latest mobile operating system iOS 6. Apple iOS 6 beta 2 is also available on the iPad 3 and according to this update system performance will be increase. Apple iOS 6 beta 2 update include software and application update and 3G toggle.

I truly think you are throwing out a bogus reply here Dude...Google hasn't released anything iOS 6, that is strictly Apple ONLY! Google has said it is releasing a new rival to the new Apple iOS 6 called the 4.1 "Jelly Bean", but that's all that's been said and the iOS 6 is absolutely NOT Google!...Geeze LOL
As far as the iOS 6 beta2 for the iPad, I want to see that. You say that its available...Could you share with us where that is or where you saw that? I've checked all my available resources for my iPad 3 and have found nothing out for release yet. It's coming of coarse but it's not out yet on any market that we've found? 8)

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's please clarify this as the comments can be confusing to new users ok.
1 : Apple,has released ios6 BETA 2 to Authorised developers only and it is not available to the general,public yet. iOS 6 will most likely be released around September Ocober time frame and will be available for,iPad 2 and iPad 3 plus some of the iPhones and iPod touch models. iOS 6 with be available "over the air" if you have fast wifi connection or a full install via a computer running the latest iTunes.

2 : Siri will only be compatable with IPad 3 at this time

3: Google has Android OS and also is releasing a new version OS called "jelly Bean" which is compatable to use on some model tablets and phones but not all. Not that it matters Jelly bean does not support flash

BETA means prerelease for testing only. Usually there are at least 6 releases of Beta versions prior to gold release. This allows programmers whom are Authorised Apple iOS developers to test their apps. Please be aware this is a private forum and we donot allow links to sites that offer Beta software so please read our rules. We are fortunate to have many Authorised Apple ios developers not only on our team of moderators but also many of our regular users. They will share with us what new features provide however they are restricted on what can be released to the public as it is pre released.

Copy of our rule regarding BETA software.

8.1. Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will result in a suspension of your account.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Most reactions

Latest posts