What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updating to ios 5?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Guys, i just plugged my ipad into 2 different itunes computers i have to update my ios to 5.

but they both say the newer version 4.3.5 is ready to update.

wtf? how do i get 5 instead?

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
gotcha!

Just about to upgrade, but it now it warns me.....

updating to ios 5 will delete all of the apps and media, including itunes store purchases, on your ipad. To preserve your content, apply your update on the computer where you sync app music photos etc etc.
updating on this computer will only preserve contacts, calenders, text messages and other settings. please do not interrupt the update which will take an hour or so tom complete etc etc

what exactly does this message mean?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is this the PC your iPad is synch'd to? You need to perform the update on the PC that your iPad is synchronised to....

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
yes, i've synced and backed up to my new mac, which is where im on. but i still get this message, which is a bit disconcerting. do i upgrade, then need to restore to get my data back?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that's what I call an optimist!

'Can't really go wrong then'.....

Let us know how you get on.....

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
wel, all installed and updated very quickly. probably 15 mins at most. but it didnt install any of my music/vids/apps back in, even after several attempts at restores. but no worrys, a quick 10 mins re-syncing them back over did the trick, and retained all user data they all had.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts