What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upating from 4.2 Beta

JustaDawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A developer installed beta 4.2 on my iPad and iTunes 10 on my Win 7 laptop. How do I install the latest release? Clicking update for iTunes and iPad says I have current version already. Do I have to downgrade to iTunes 9 first?
Thank you

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A developer installed beta 4.2 on my iPad and iTunes 10 on my Win 7 laptop. How do I install the latest release? Clicking update for iTunes and iPad says I have current version already. Do I have to downgrade to iTunes 9 first?
Thank you

If you're already running 4.2.1 then you do have the latest update already. If you want you can go back to 3.2.2 and then iTunes will tell you the update is available but there won't be any difference from what you already have.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I think iTunes is confused you may be back a couple of upgrades depending what the last beta you down loaded was I downloaded direct and the updated I also performed restore to clean the pad as they say now every thing is faster

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that 4.2.1 GM is exactly the same, byte for byte, as the 4.2.1 that was released publicly.

I would think if you had 4.2 GM or a beta iTunes would tell you an update is available. If it doesn't just download it directly and install from there.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that 4.2.1 GM is exactly the same, byte for byte, as the 4.2.1 that was released publicly.

I would think if you had 4.2 GM or a beta iTunes would tell you an update is available. If it doesn't just download it directly and install from there.

Yes, it is even called the same thing. If you look at the build number it is identical.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends what your iTunes is... I had to uninstall the beta and force install the official 10.1.0.56. It then recognized I needed an update on my iPad. I had the first GM version of beta on not the second

Most reactions

Latest posts