What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 beta 3

kevipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed 4.2 beta 3 and it works perfectly. Didn't noticed any bug.

It is however not as exciting as i would have expected. Fast app switch is great, folders too... But i'm not thrilled.

It operates as fast as on 3.2.2 and seems to have a relatively good battery consumption. Maybe just slightly eat more battery.

PacketRat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I can tell it seems that Netflix app will crash to the desktop when you are low on bandwidth.

Vulpix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine's working great too. I think the only app not working properly for me is the Parcel app.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vulpix, did you actually TRY the Netflix app? I mean to play a movie? Mine worked fine for browsing through the movies, etc but it would almost get the movie loaded to play and it would crash. That's what happened to most everyone else. So.....did you actually PLAY a movie in Netflix?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vulpix, did you actually TRY the Netflix app? I mean to play a movie? Mine worked fine for browsing through the movies, etc but it would almost get the movie loaded to play and it would crash. That's what happened to most everyone else. So.....did you actually PLAY a movie in Netflix?
Huh? You think he would just say it worked because he loaded the app? I doubt that. I bet he played something.

Regardless I have played many things in Netflix on beta 3. Yes even a movie. I don't see what is so shocking, it has been reported to work.

Doesn't mean it has not crashed on me. But I don't give up. If I have a show or movie that won't play and causes it to crash, I try something else till I find one that does play. Soon as I do that the problematic one does play. But usually they play the first time no problem

Michael

Last edited:

kpinkerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a fix for Netflix CTD on 4.2b3

Had the same CTD with Netflix after updating to 4.2b3. The fix is simple:
Perform a complete power-down and restart.
Netflix will then run flawlessly.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same CTD with Netflix after updating to 4.2b3. The fix is simple:
Perform a complete power-down and restart.
Netflix will then run flawlessly.
That is always the first course of action. But it didn't help me. I had to find another show to watch because it would not play the one I wanted unless I got something else to work first. Reboots didn't help.

It's not quite ready for 4.2, or 4.2 is not ready for it. But it does work, albeit not perfectly.

Michael

chasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken IPAD 3.2.2 with a ton of apps on it. I want something to give me folder capability. Can someone please explain if there is something in Cydia or an upgrade that would give me this without wiping out my jailbreak and apps?

Thanks,
Chas

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken IPAD 3.2.2 with a ton of apps on it. I want something to give me folder capability. Can someone please explain if there is something in Cydia or an upgrade that would give me this without wiping out my jailbreak and apps?

Thanks,
Chas

You probably want to ask your question in the hacking forum

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With 4.2 does it change Safari and add tabs etc? Does it eliminate the need to go to Atomic Browser in place of Safari?

Most reactions

Latest posts